Monday, July 6, 2009

She Has Trouble Acting Normal When She's Nervous

These were picked by my buddy Babz! I just switched the number 27 around to 72 because I didn't want to make her pick again.

Babz is a backup and one of the few that is close to my age- she's one of my biggest inspirations right now because she made a goal to lose weight and train for a marathon, she accomplished her goal and looks amazing. She's also one of the most understanding and supportive people I know, I'm so glad that she is my friend and can't wait until I can see her again! Love ya Babz!

16) Counting Crows- Round Here

Ironic, because they are going to be in town Wednesday and I so desprelty want to see them but no one to go with me :( sad. I've always really liked Counting Crows...mainly because my sister listened to them hardcore back in their "prime time". I never really got into them, though, until I saw them live. I went to the Goo Goo Dolls/Counting Crows concert a few summers ago and honestly was there more for Goo Goo Dolls, but fell in love with Counting Crows and haven't turned back since :) When they performed this song, I just sat there in awe. More people should know about it. The lyrics are so genius. There is a huge discussion about what this song means...some take it as simply just hopelessness ( I know, emo), which is what I think it is too, but that there are so many of us who feel that way, so we're together...



19) Creed- With Arms Wide Open

I'm teary eyed already. I know most people dislike Creed, but before you judge...this song has such a special meaning for me. It's one of the songs on this list that REALLY means something in my life...if there was a soundtrack to my life, this would be on it.

My grandma was diagnosed with leukemia on a Friday and passed away on a Saturday. She was the most amazing, beautiful woman whom each of us were very close to. Her death hit us all pretty hard, and is something that we still deal with on a very regular basis because it was so shocking and scary. It hit my brother, who was 16 at the time, in a very emotional way. At her wake, he stood up to speak...a 16 year old kid who had just lost his grandma, not knowing how people would react, he gave a little talk and then introduced this song...he passed out lyrics and told us that we can think whatever we want about this song, but to him, it was God welcoming grandma into Heaven...with arms wide open. I will never forget that moment, nor will I forget any moment after that when any of us would hear this song on the radio and know that it was grandma trying to talk to us. Especially these days, since you RARELY hear Creed on the radio, whenever I hear it I smile and have a little chat with her. It always comes on when I need it most- when I'm scared, stressed, sad...it's always perfect timing.

I miss her every day but this song is a reminder that she is up in heaven watching over us and that when we join her, she will be there with arms wide open. I love you grandma!



21) Cat Stevens- Wild World

A very simple, chill song that I use as a graduation/goodbye song. It really is a wild world, and I think that this song not only is about a breakup but sort of a send off before someone goes into the real world.



64) Martina McBride- Broken Wing

One of the few country songs on the list, this is my favorite Martina song...it's beautiful, sad, and meaninful but also the song that Sam and I choose to belt out at parties and in the car. (Thanks Jordin). It also reminds me of Jess and our Martina concerts we went to together- this is the best live performance- really showcases how vocally talented Martina is. This is another song that has some dispute about what the meaning is. I'll let you decide :) Oh, and this is also my 2nd favorite Jordin performance ever.



Joooordin



72) No Doubt- Don't Speak

Aah I love this band, I'm so happy they are back together! This is my favorite song form them (obviously). The lyrics are exactly how I've felt about so many relationships in my life that have gone wrong- whether it's old friends or guys, it really hits the nail on the head.



Posting Allison's version

No comments: