Monday, July 20, 2009

I Believe in A Thing Called Love

I think one of my absolute favorite things to do is people watch. I know that’s creepy, but c’mon…everybody does it. The best place to people watch is at airports…especially seeing people greet their loved ones. It’s such a beautiful sight to see individuals sprint across the airport to hug on their partner, sibling, parent, child, friend. It reminds me that there is so much love in the world, and that aside from all the nasty, ugly things that happen around us..somewhere, someone is loving you. I believe in love, in soulmates, in the fact that people come into our lives at certain times for a reason. Most of all, I believe in the importance of showing your love for others. If you know me or have been reading this blog, you’ll notice that’s a common theme in my life. I just don’t think a day should go by when you don’t remind someone that you love them…or to smile at a stranger. The world might be a better place if we’d all smile and love a little more each day.

I asked on Twitter/Facebook for topics to write about, and Shari came through (as she always does! I love that girl!).

Her first question was if I could have any career in the world, what would it be?

That’s tough! There are so many things that I wish I could be. I think, though, I would most like to be a writer. I want to use my experiences I’ve had in life and will continue to have to reach out to other people. I never thought much about writing until the past year or so, and now it’s something that is on my mind every single day. After this weekend, I’ve had this feeling that there’s something big ahead for me. I’ve never felt like that, usually I am so down on myself and negative about the future. However, right now I feel positive, and that something big is happening. Now I’m rambling...so I’ll stop :)

Second question was: What is your favorite quote and why?

I have a lot of favorite quotes! I’ll pick the one I chose for my senior quote, which was

“Let your light shine. Let it shine within you so that it can shine on someone else”.- Oprah Winfrey.

I like this quote because I think it displays how our world works- one person makes a difference by inspiring others. Once you let your light shine, other people are inspired by the brightness you bring into the world, and it shines on them.

I’m going to post five songs in a bit. If anyone else has questions/topics, post in the comments or send me a message!

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

Okay, so I love your first paragraph! I'm not in airports all too often (since I refuse to get on an airplane), but when I am, I also love to watch people reunite with their family and friends. It's such a special thing to see. I couldn't agree with you more, people DO come into our lives for a reason, even if we don't know what that reason is at the time. I think that's something we need to be thankful for every single day. And you're so right - if only people would take a little bit of time out of the hecticness of the day to smile more, love more, tell people how much they're appreciated ... the world WOULD be a better place. You do that with your blog all the time, you know.

Your entire answer to my first question SO reminds me of myself. I used to be so optimistic about the future, but the past few years have been rough - really rough at times. I've let myself get discouraged, but this whole writing journey I've been on has completely changed that and reinvigorated me. Isn't it a wonderful thing to have writing on your mind every day? And you are SOOOO talented at it, you seriously are. You need to share that with everyone :-)

LOVE your quote choice and the reasoning behind it! It's PERFECT for you!! :-)