Monday, May 5, 2014

Share Your World

I am just getting involved in a blog challenge, Share Your World. The idea is pretty simple- each week new questions are posted, as a way for bloggers and readers to get to know one each other better. Here are my answers this week's questions:

1. What object do you always have with you when traveling and why?
A notebook. I do some of my best brainstorming when I am away from home. I get inspired by new people and new views. I tend to journal more when traveling, or jot down ideas for work or personal writing.
2. What subject would you like to study in depth, if given the time to do so?
Child and adolescent psychology. I sometimes think that I should have gone straight to grad school to study these and become a psychologist. I am fascinated by the way young minds work, how they handle themselves and each other. I wish I had paid more attention to this passion/interest in college. I'm far form the world now, but I keep my interest going by reading young adult lit and volunteering for children's organizations.
3. Which would you prefer:  a wild, turbulent life filled with joy, sorrow, passion, and adventure–intoxicating successes and stunning setbacks; or a contented bordering on happy, secure, predictable life surrounded by friends and family without such wide swings of fortune and mood?
Although the first one sounds more fun, I'm all about safe, happy and secure. I think we all need a little adventure, and maybe the 2nd choice is boring, but if it's happy, and everyone is truly and genuinely happy, isn't that all that matters?
4. What are your favorite spices?
Cilantro, cilantro, and cilantro. Plus garlic and basil. But mostly. cilantro.
Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I am grateful that I had the opportunity to gather some of our closest friends and family to participate in a 5k for my dad. We raised $700 for lung cancer and although the day was cold and I couldn't walk due to work, it was fun and I know it made my dad happy. Also, Tom got me a Les Miserables comic on Free Comic Day, and Sam bought me unsalted tortilla chips for our Cinco De Mayo dinner, as she knows I am trying to cut out sodium. These were both little things, but they made me smile and I was super grateful :)

No comments: