Monday, November 25, 2013

Love is all around

I had a beautiful weekend. I use that word a lot. But I have no other way to describe it. All around me I saw beauty. 

Saturday was my typical workout, errands, and nap kind of morning. Then Sam, Tom, and I went to see Catching Fire. No spoilers, but damn. What a good movie. I meant to re read the book (my favorite in the series) but I never got time. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't. I had forgotten some things and found myself getting incredibly invested and emotional. It was glorious. 

On Sunday morning Tom accompanied me to 8am mass. As someone who wasn't raised with any sort of religion, I am both touched and proud that he is willing to go to church with me. It's actually helping me, too, because I am finding myself paying more attention so I can help him understand. After Mass we grabbed breakfast and then headed downtown to the Lions game. We got there early enough to score a good Parking spot and walk around the stadium, even participating in all those cheesy games they have set up like "guess how many footballs are in the net" and the 50/50 raffle. We found our seats, right in the end zone. Took an obligatory "selfie", which was later displayed up on the big screen! We had a ton of fun cheering on the lions and taking in the atmosphere, it's just a shame the lions had to lose.



We headed back to my house where Sam and Lauren were cooking. Tom and I joined in, preparing for our first annual Friendsgiving. A while ago I invited some of our friends over for a potluck dinner to celebrate thanksgiving. I love this holiday, and love that it's all about family, but I like to celebrate my friends too. So, some of our friends gathered in our house for food and fun. Everything was freaking delicious, and we laughed hard playing our favorite game. It was so nice to be surrounded by my friends for an evening. I am hoping to make this an annual thing. To me it doesn't matter who comes, it's just important to celebrate friendships and be grateful for our blessings.


Now it's the week of Thanksgiving and it's a roller coaster of emotions this week for me. I'm excited for a day of family time, but sad because a friend of ours passed away over the weekend and I'll be attending her funeral Wednesday. Plus I have to work Friday and be in a meeting all day, when i would much rather be in sweat pants on the couch watching tv with my mom and dad. 

I do wish you all a beautiful week, hope it's nothing but happy for you. Cheers! 

2 comments:

Kinley Dane said... Add Reply

Wow, I haven't been blog reading in a while, and I've missed a lot! You have a boyfriend! How wonderful. He's a cutie pie :)

I love the idea of Friendsgiving. I'll have to remember that one for next year!

I am so thankful that I have Friday off this year. Of course, I'll have to keep my phone with me for emergencies, but I expect it will be pretty quiet. Looking sooo forward to the four day weekend! Sorry you have to work! Who the heck schedules a meeting on the Friday after Thanksgiving?

Shari said... Add Reply

Ah, I am SO EXCITED for Catching Fire. It's my favorite of the books, too, and I'm rereading it now since it's been so long and I've forgotten some of the details. Seeing it next weekend with my cousins and I can't wait!

So glad you had such a lovely weekend. You deserve it! <3