Wednesday, January 13, 2010

oh boy you've left me speechless

Last night some of our JV friends came over to watch Idol. I'm glad there's people I can watch it with :) I do miss the nights when Sam and I were able to watch it together...screaming at the tv every three seconds. I also kind of miss writing about it for the Detroit News. Oh well. That's life. Anyways, it was alright. I liked Maddie, Tyler, Leah, and Katie. I predict Maddie will get to Hollywood and freak out, get a bad group, and leave us. Katie could crack, because they are building her up so much now. Tyler and Leah...not sure. I liked Leah's jazzy tune. She reminded me of Megan, but 100% stronger vocals, ha. I also really missed Paula...and still can't stand Kara.

Tonight is GAGA so I won't be watching. Let me know if anything exciting happens :)

It's a very special day at Cristo Rey, the Archbishop is visiting. He just said our Mass and is now taking a tour of the school and sitting in on some of the classes. The kids have been on their best behavior, I'm proud of them. I love when we have visitors (which is almost a daily occurrence, people are SO interested in this place) because I see a different side of them- they step up into leadership roles and show pride in their school.

I know I've talked about this before, but I'm going to do it again. The world influences us to think about ourselves. It's always "how can I get ahead?" "what do I need to do to succeed". Now...yes, you should take care of yourself....but you should also focus on helping others. I get looked down on for giving a year of my life for others...which is crazy. Why is that looked down on? Because I'm not fighting to make money for myself? Because I don't CARE that I am only making $100 a month? Well, if that's crazy, then I'd rather be crazy. I am just fine living my life for others. If we all took the time to just "do a little more", the world would be a better place. I hate when people say "I'd love to help out, but I don't have time". Bull. You have time. There's all the time in the world. Spend an extra hour a week doing something good for people who have nothing- and NOT just around the holiday's. People need our help ALL YEAR. What is stopping you? Don't let it stop you anymore. Do something. Do anything. Just help out. Giving back and giving service to others is like being in love....because through giving, you find God's love. You receive God's love through the people you work with.

While I'm on my soapbox...how about we take the time to appreciate each other a little more? Quit pointing out flaws and tell someone why you love them. This life is too short to hold grudges. Seek out a forgotten friend. Give a hug. Inspire.

I'm done preaching now...but you should all know that I feel big things happening in 2010. BIG THINGS. In fact, I've had a dream for almost two years now that Sam and I are going to make happen. I'm writing out a plan of action today. I can't say anything yet, but I am very confident that with the right tools and resources, we could make it happen...and it's going to be big. Stay. tuned.

Before I go....

Day 13 → A fictional book

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

One of the best books I've ever read, and one that I want my kids to read.

No comments: