Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I get a little bit stronger.

It's happening.

I am becoming the best version of myself.

I am becoming stronger, healthier, more confident, and braver.

This realization came to life over the past few days when I was at a work conference. Because all though I was a teeny bit shy and timid, I was much stronger and more outgoing than I typically am in Those situations. I shared some things about myself and engaged in conversations.

Last night a group from our office wanted to go out. They invited me, and I desperately wanted to decline. I wanted to, instead, take a hot shower and then crawl into bed with my kindle. I did not want to go out with people I didn't know. But I agreed to go, and I had a really good time. I made some new friends and wasn't afraid to talk. I was shocked. I did head home just a little earlier than everyone else, but only because another gal wNted to leave and didn't want to walk alone.

Then on the drive home, I spoke. I talked about my weight loss and my dad and Tom and Laurence.

Maybe this doesn't seem like a big deal to you, but to me it's everything. I am overcoming. I am conquering fears and anxieties. I am pushing forward. I am becoming the me I want to become. The old me would have avoided any form of conversation and FOR SURE would not have gone out last night. 

I wanted to share this to share: you can get past your fears. You can get stronger and braver.

Life is exciting. That's all.

1 comment:

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said... Add Reply

That's amazing! You are definitely moving forward and it is impressive. Enjoy the little steps!