What I'm Up To
- Working. This is my busy time of year. I'm always jam packed in September and October with trainings, events, meetings, etc. This week alone I have four events and two meetings, one of which is all day. It will start to settle down in November.
- Getting ready for my bestie's wedding this weekend. I can't believe it's finally here. My best friend Christine is getting married to the love of her life, Paul. We've been planning and waiting for so long, and now here we are. I'm so excited I can barely sit still at work.
- Working out. I try to go 5 days week. I usually aim for morning. It's a part of my routine, now. The same group of people go in the mornings, and I'm getting used to seeing the same people and talking to them.
- Dating someone. Ha. Kinda weird to list it in bullet form, eh? But since I'll be talking about him occasionally, I guess I should make the official blog announcement that yes, Tom and I are in a relationship. We've been "dating" for a few months now. We took things really, really slowly because of how my last relationship ended. He's been incredibly patient and understanding of me wanting to wait to put a label on things. He's a sweetheart. If you're friends with me on facebook it really shouldn't be much of a surprise, we're always together as noted by pictures and check ins. My roommates know him well, and he's met my family and even did some of my dad's yard work for him. It's funny, though, now that it's official on facebook people are coming out of the wood works to ask about him. To me it's nothing new. He quickly became one of my best friends and then it was clear that it was more than that. So even though we have a title on it now, it doesn't feel super different. I just know I love hanging out with him. Here's the two of us being goofy at the photo booth.
What I'm Reading
I just finished a young adult book Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Powell. It is an absolutely precious story and an easy read, which I needed while I stress about work and the wedding. I highly recommend reading it. I'm about to read Fangirl next, which is by the same author. Don't judge me for reading young adult fiction, okay? Sometimes you just need to give your mind a break.
What I'm Watching
Fall TV is back! My "shows" are Glee, Modern Family, Parenthood, and XFactor. What are your shows? I've never seen Breaking Bad but I know it's all the rage, according to my Twitter feed.
What I'm Looking Forward To
- The wedding! Duh!
- 5k on October 12th for Gilda's Club
- Ryan's 1st Birthday (the big guy turns 1 on October 30th.)
- Our Halloween party on October 26th. My roomies and I are dressing as the Sanderson sisters from Hocus Pocus. We have snacks and drinks planned already. My brother and sister in law will be in town that weekend also!
- Sam's 30th Birthday
- Lions game November 24th with Tom.
Join me if you wish...
- For the man who attempted suicide on a busy Detroit freeway this morning. Police were able to talk him down. A coworker of mine witnessed the event. I am praying for him to find peace in his soul.
- For my aunt Terry, who is battling stage 4 lung cancer and not doing well. I pray that she is comfortable.
- For my dad
- For Christine and Paul as they begin their new life together.