Monday, June 1, 2009

Uh oh, ya'll...what have you gotten yourselves into? I'm totally going to become one of those frequent bloggers. The good news is, most of the stuff I write in here is for me :)

Today I stuck to the plan...I ate healthy and I walked 4.4 miles. It felt great and I actually wasn't as tired as I thought I would be. I'm really appreciative of all the support that I've gotten from people. I have really amazing friends :)

Before I demand that you download some amazing music, have to send out prayers and positive thoughts to all those affected by the poor economy. It's rough here in Michigan these days...I live across the street from one of the GM plants that is being closed down, so depressing. Also some prayers for the families affected by the Air France Flight.

Now, on a lighter note. Since I've got some free time on my hands, I've been discovering new music like crazy. It's so good that I have to spread the word about some of this great stuff!

Elliot Yamin released his second album and I'm pretty much addicted to it. So very smooth and soulful. I really want Melinda and Elliot to tour together. It'd be the sassiest, soulful tour ever. If you don't already have his album, and you dig artists like Robin Thicke, and Ne-Yo, you need to get this cd. Download"Cold Heart".

From one soulful Idol to another, let's talk about BRANDON ROGERS! Oh my goodness, such a strong vocalist. Back when he was on Idol, I was sure he'd make it into the top ten. He is awesome, and his debt album proves that for sure. Hmm...maybe the three of them could tour together. Someone should get on that. Download "Broken".

Okay, that's enough Idols for now....now, for some alternative pop/rock bands.

Forever The Sickest Kids are a band that I saw open for The Spill Canvas last summer. I kind of forget about them, but when searching for new music I downloaded their 2008 album, and it's great. They have a similar sound to Spill Canvas, Boys Like Girls, a little Fall Out Boy sound in there. Upbeat, fun music with great lyrics. Download "Breakdown"

I'm also newly addicted to a band named Anberlin. Apparently, they've been around for a while, which makes me a little sad that I am just now hearing about their greatness. I was actually recommended them by the cashier at Border's. He saw me looking at some related bands and suggested I buy one of their albums. I did, and as soon as I heard them I came home and downloaded every other album they've made. They have the creative lyrics like Spill Canvas does. I love this band! Download "Never Take Friendship Personal".

Finally, let's move onto two great female artists!

Kate Voegle is a singer-songwriter who I discovered via myspace last year. She opened for Hanson, has gone on a couple solo tour's, and now she's pretty big. She released her 2nd album a few weeks ago and it's great! I think she's in pretty tough competition with similar artists in the music industry right now, but she's a strong vocalist with awesome lyrics. Download "99 Times" or "Sweet Silver Lining".

Lady GaGa has become so huge with her two major hits "Just Dance" and "Poker Face". I'm not really into that kind of music, but I have to admit those songs are addicting. I downloaded her album just out of curiosity, and I love it!!! Not every song is an up tempo dance song, but the ones that are catch your attention just like her previous hits. Download "Brown Eyes".

Okay, I lied. That wasn't final. You should also grab:

Charice- "Note To God". Most amazing "child star", for real. I get chills every time I hear this.

Let me know how much you love these!

3 comments:

Desiree said... Add Reply

So let me get this right, you just got 7 new CDs? Girl, I don't have that kind of time! Do you recommend them in the order listed? I admit to being a little curious about Elliot's CD.

Megan said... Add Reply

LOL Des, sometimes I forget that I can get an incredible amount of music for free with Zune- sorry! That's why I suggested one song especially for each album! It depends on your taste in music, but I definatley suggest Elliot!

Unknown said... Add Reply

Ahh! Great job Megan today!! Walking 4.4 I wish had I had kinda time, but my arms do get a work out pulling out the tubes from drive though.

and on to music!! I have most of the record but Anberlin...Matt was in to them heard some of there songs. But its just heard them didn't LISTEN if that makes sence...

Another note I went and saw UP today, on the way home I was listening to Note from God I was started crying like all the way home. I listened to it like 3 times in a row. Speically the end when she belts it out, and the background chior comes in. Dang.