Thursday, June 25, 2009

Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter

I've been wanting to write in here for a few days, but have either fallen asleep way early or lost motivation. Today's events, while tragic, have also inspired me in many ways.

First of all, RIP Farrah. She had such a fight, my heart goes out to her family and those close to her who were there by her side, watching her struggle but continuing to fight every single day. I can't imagine what it's like to be the person going through something that awful, but Farrah is an inspiration and a motivation.

I am still in shock about Michael Jackson, and have so many mixed feelings about how to go about this, because I know that people have strong feelings against him. However, no matter how you feel, what you believe to be true about him, you absolutely cannot deny that the man changed music. Not only has he produced 13 number one hits and other amazing music, but he is an inspiration. I know that several of my favorite artists were inspired by Michael Jackson, both his writing and performance. Some of them wouldn't be around if it had not been for him. I just really hope that people remember all the good, all the changes, all the amazing wonderful things he did in his short lifetime. I am going to quote my friend Tyler here, because I think he said it best...

is amazed by the insensitivity of some people to the death of a human being. I pray that Michael Jackson is remembered for all the good that he did, such as his extensive humanitarian work, his changing of the face of music, and his revolutionizing the world of dance. I will also pray for those who choose to disrespect the spirit of a human being whom was taken from us all too soon. Rest in peace, Michael Jackson. Exactly, I couldn't agree more! I was shocked when I read the statuses of some people who found his death amusing and well deserved because of the child molestation charges surrounding him. What those people don't take into consideration is the abusive relationship he had with his father, so mentally he really wasn't all that stable. I'm not condoning what he did, but not remembering him because of that. Its so sad to me that some people can hate so much..."

Sorry for stealing that, Tyler, but you said it the best...you are so so SO wise beyond your years. Thank you for your wonderful explanation on this tragic event.

Really what today has taught me is to appreciate everything and to remind those around you how much you love them. You never know when something horrible could happen, so don't take life for granted. Live each day as if it were your last, be you and be inspired. Smile lots, hug tightly, give thanks, write down your feelings, share stories.

I love you all. All I have to say is that a lot happens in a year. Each of you have been there for me, whether you realize it or not. You are special to me and I love you. I wish I could thank each and every one of you, but we don't have all night.

I will close with YouTube videos of my three favorite Jackson 5/Michael Jackson Songs





No comments: