Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This little light, you gotta let it shine!

I tried really hard to come up with a good topic for today's blog but I've got nothing but updates for ya. Here is the breakdown:

I've been having sleeping problems again- I am exhausted around 8 0r 9, but no I won't sleep through the night if I go to bed then...so I wait...and by the time I wait, I can't sleep. I could be dead tired, but still toss and turn. I've also been waking up in the middle of the night, and waking up way early in the morning without being able to fall asleep again. I'm so sick of being so tired!

The dieting/weight loss journey is going well. I haven't walked in a few days because of "girl issues" but that's besides the point- I have been eating healthier and overall feeling better aside from my sleeping schedule. I have an appointment with my Dr in a few weeks to discuss what else I need to be doing and if I have any health concerns.

As a graduation present, Mandisa sent me a workbook called "Experiencing God". It's a day by day study on your relationship with God and Christianity. I flipped through it and started seriously working on it last week. It is helping me so much, I can't even describe it. For the past few weeks I've had so many questions on my faith and trusting God's plan for me, this workbook is answering all those questions. I am feeling much better and trustworthy. The biggest thing I've learned is to quit worrying and questioning and to just have trust. I find myself writing notes and other thoughts in a separate notebook, ready to ask some of my strong in faith friends questions that I have. (Hollister, I'm talking to you...haha).

I got the nanny job for the 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old! I'm really excited about it...they are adorable. It will be a long, tiring day, but fun and it's good money. I'll be working Monday-Thursday 8-4. I'm working this Friday to get a start. I'm so thankful that this job came about, thank you Lord and for all who prayed and sent positive thoughts my way.

I also got an e-mail today that my application for Mercy Volunteer Corps has been passed through to the next round- interview. I should be contacted by the end of the week to set it up. I'm excited about this but also getting anxious because it's going to be a while yet before I find out where my actual placement will be and what I will be doing. Still excited and confident that this is what I am supposed to be doing, though.

Okay, I wasn't going to get all deep and analytical in this, but "True Beauty" by Mandisa just started playing. Odd, because I've been thinking about it all day. The song talks about the importance of inner beauty and how being pretty and having material objects don't make you beautiful- which I completely agree with. It's sad, though, because I know that's not the way our world works. I wish there wasn't so much pressure put on people to fit the standards of outer beauty, and that each of us could honestly say that we looked inside people's hearts to find out who they really are. Do you think it depends on how the person feels about them self? I mean, if someone is way confident and believes that they are beautiful on the inside and out, will others as well? How does one gain that confidence? These are just some of the many questions I have about life.

No comments: