Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On the right track...

I'm going to make this as quick and short as possbile (promise) because I have a new rule that I have to be in bed by midnight. Wanted to give a quick update on everything!

First of all, thank you for all the positive comments that I have gotten on my blog- whether you commented here, on twitter, facebook, in person, sent me a special message...it means the world to me. Yesterday I got two very special messages that made me cry. One was from someone whom I admire more than I could ever express, her wisdom, advice, and perspective on everything really help me with any situation. The other was from an old friend who said that they stumbled on my blog, her message was full of love and comfort. Thank you to all of you- I know that I can ramble :)

Dieitng is going great! I finally got a pair of good walking shoes. My mom did too, so we're going to start walking together. I'm really excited that my parents have also decided to commit to improving their health. It's definatley easier knowing they are with me every step of the way. I am eating really healthy, mainly because I eat what I feed my kiddies...and am eating smaller portions.

I love my job- it's stressful, hard work, and exhausting, but I love it. It's just so interesting to be such a big part of their lives when they are this young. I dread their meltdowns and temper tantrums when things don't go their way, but I love being able to teach them things and watch them grow. My favorite part of the days are when I first arrive in the morning when Kate (younger) is awake and just wants to read books, look at my cell phone (Seamus is my background picture, she screams PUPPY at the top of her lungs every time I show her), and show me all her toys. Another favorite part is right after lunch time, when Kate is down for her nap and Sophie and I are able to bond. She just talks and talks about everything, asking questions about animals, telling me that her crayons don't have clothes on...and my final favorite part is the last hour or so, when they have both just woken up from their naps...a little cranky, but they want to cuddle and read. The past two days, Sophie has cried when I left...today she even told me "I don't want Mommy, I want you". Ooops.

The only downside is how exhausted I am- running around with them, watching their every move, preparing meals, stopping the breakdowns are so tiring. When they take their naps, I am cleaning up the mess of macaroni and cheese or peanut butter and jelly that has somehow managed to get on every inch of the kitchen. I am picking up their toys and vaccuming...I lay down on the couch for about a 1/2 hour to rest before I know it, one of them is awake, ready for me to give them all my attention.

Tomorrow is my last work day of the week, and then I have softball...which has been cancelled the past two weeks. So ready to play again! Friday is my interview with Mercy Volunteer Corps, then the retirement party for the BEST teacher I've ever had.

I love you all, and just want you to know that with your help, I am on the right track. Thank you.

No comments: