Friday, February 26, 2010

mellow

I've always been a big believer in God's plan and knowing that everything happens for a reason. For the past couple weeks, I've been really hurt by someone and his actions. With the news I recieved this morning, I am fully aware of God's presence in my life and that everything happens for a reason. I want to quote this:

"Everything happens for a reason.
Nothing happens by chance or by means of good or bad luck.
Illness, injury, love, lost moments or true greatness and sheer stupidity
all occur to test the limits of the soul.

Without these small tests,
if they be events, illnesses or relationships,
life would be like a smooth paved, straight, flat road to nowhere.
Safe and comfortable but dull and utterly pointless.

The people you meet who affect your life and successes and downfalls you experience, they are the ones who create who you are.
Even the bad experience can be learned from...
Those lessons are the hardest and probably the most important ones."

-Craig Lock

I don't know what has happened to this person, but it's like his life took a downward spiral. I hope that this was all just a big misunderstanding. I pray that he gets things in order and turned around- fast. He may have just lost everything and everyone that would have been good for him. I am thanking God for protecting me from going down too.

On a completly different (well. somewhat) note, check out my girl Allison on Idol last night. I hope the girls on the show took notes.



And, music memoir friday. :)

Top 5 songs that are mellow

This is pretty easy since I listen to a lot of mellow songs.

Jason Mraz- Sunshine Song



Jason Castro- Let's Just Fall In Love Again



John Mayer- Why Georgia



Counting Crows- Round Here



Gavin DeGraw- Belief



Retreat this weekend :) I won't be around until Sunday.

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

So I just caught up on all of your most recent blogs, and I wanted to send some smiles your way! I'm sorry you've been having some rough times lately, but glad to hear that you've also had some great times mixed in, too. Keep holding your head high and reminding yourself that you make such a difference in so many people's lives :)