Sunday, June 1, 2014

Dear Ryan

Dear Ryan,
I'm sorry that I am a few days late on your letter this month. But guess what? I have gotten to see you a lot this month, and even spent last night with you while your mom and dad went out with their friends. 

Let's see. After Florida we all were in such a state of bliss and happiness that it was tough to get back to work and school. I bet your little brain had a tough time getting adjusted to day care again, and I am sure you missed the beach! I sure missed getting to see you every single day. 

In May, we celebrated Mother's Day with a brunch. We also started playing softball. So far you have come to two games. Last year, you just sat in someone's arms while we played. This year, you run around like a wild man and play with your friend Will. You also cheer for mom and dad while they play. Sometimes you have to make sure your mom and dad are still paying attention to you, so you run over to one of them and hug their legs. Don't worry, Ryan, no one could ever forget you. We're always watching out for you and protecting you! 

We had a picnic at Papa and Granmda Carolin's house for Memorial Day. You and I spent some time in the basement playing with your play kitchen. You are so smart. You even know how to wash dishes. You constantly amaze me with the knowledge and wisdom that you pick up from watching other people. At our dinner, you kept trying to play with Seamus like you do with Clancy. Seamus has older bones, though, and it hurts him a little more. You will understand that soon. 

Last night I had the best time playing with you! I was so scared that you were going to cry when your mom and dad left. But you didn't! We ate dinner together: macaroni and cheese for you and a turkey sandwich for me. You also polished off two cups of fruit! After dinner we went for a walk. You kept pointing at cars and asking me "what's that?". You are such a curious little boy! When we got home from our walk you spent the rest of your time playing with Clancy, chatting with Grandma and Grandpa on the phone, and watching "ball" on tv. Then we headed upstairs for night night, where you picked out a book to read (one that Tom had given you!), plopped on my lap, and gave me a hug and kiss. 

You are still calling me baba. I love when you do that, and I hope it sticks. Sometimes you call me papa on accident. You also call grandma papa. We are trying to get you to call her mimi, but so far, no luck. I know one of these days something will stick!

I also wanted to tell you that your cousin Brendan graduated from 8th grade! He also won an award at school for being a kind, compassionate, leader. We are all so proud of him. He is a wonderful role model for you. He plays "ball" AND he's a good person! 

Ryan, someone mentioned to me this week that I am lucky to have such a close family. It's true! We are lucky! All of us love each other and enjoy each other. I hope that you always feel the love, because there is a lot to go around. And we all just adore you. 

I love you, Ryan. Thank you for always putting a smile on my face, and thank you for the love you give to us.




No comments: