Monday, March 31, 2014

Dear Ryan

Dear Ryan,
I totally forgot to do a letter for February, I'm sorry buddy!

You have grown up SO much. You are talking, running, playing hockey, making animal noises, getting good comments from daycare. It is amazing to watch you grow. I just wish you would quit getting sick. It seems every time I see you, you have a runny nose or a cough. I know it's no fun for you, and I pray your immune system hurries up and gets stronger so that you stop picking up so many germs.

Your daddy taught you how to smile. Anytime I ask you to smile, you scrunch up your whole face! It's adorable. I hope you always smile like that. :)

I have gotten to spend some time with you a few times when Mommy and Daddy had volleyball and I just love getting to see you. Right now your favorite game to play is hockey. You use your lincoln logs that Tom bought you as sticks and you hit the ball across the room, and then giggle as you go chase it to hit it again. I have an inkling you are going to be an athlete like your mommy and daddy! You love to watch sports, too. I am not giving up on music, though!

My favorite word that you have learned is "Papa". That is your name for Grandpa, and the way you say it is just so cute and you know what it means. The first time you said it for Grandpa Carolin, he was so excited. I think he had tears in his eyes, and his smile was the biggest I have seen in a very long time.

You are getting so smart- you know your animals and what noises they make and you are learning your colors! Plus, you have routines down to a science. I watched you help your daddy "get the drinks ready" for dinner. You did great! You know where to get Clancy's food, you run over to your chair at dinner time and you know "bedtime" means you hug Clancy goodnight and you head for the stairs. It's amazing!

I love you so much, Ryan. Right now you are very attached to Mommy and Daddy, so sometimes you cry when I come over to watch you because you don't want them to leave. I get it, they are so awesome and great parents. It doesn't hurt my feelings. I just give you your time, and pretty soon you are giggling again and we are playing.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to go to Florida with you in a few weeks. I wonder if you will eat seafood, or how you will like the sand and water. I hope you have the greatest time building sandcastles. It is going to be a trip full of memories and smiles.

Love you, Ryan!


1 comment:

Donna Smith said... Add Reply

Sounds like Ryan is about the age of my grandson that I was just babysitting for almost two weeks. I wrote about our "adventures" in March on my blog, too. It does bring tears of joy to think of them, doesn't it? Love their little voices!
Donna Smith
http://mainelywrite.blogspot.com/2014/03/nannie.html