Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Finish Line.

I got really behind on my Lent letters. Like, really behind. So on Sunday I started whipping them out. But I didn't want them to be too rushed to take away meaning. So I made sure to really focus on the person I was writing to and pray for God to give me the right words. By Sunday evening, my left hand was swollen. No, seriously, it was swollen. It was about twice the size of my right hand and my roommate Lauren made me ice it and elevate it.

I now have just 7 more letters to go. 4 of those are immediate family members. The others are friends. I had to type a total of four letters-but out of 90, I'd say that's pretty good, right?

This project has been extremely fulfilling and has helped me to keep my mind off of my recent personal challenges. I have been able to push them aside and work on pouring out positive words to my friends, family, and coworkers. I have loved the responses. I got several thank you e-mails, one hand written card, a few Facebook messages. It's been fun.

Lent in general has been fun. I didn't stick with the Facebook and twitter thing, mostly due to the fact that I was doing that with someone and well, he broke some promises, so I broke mine. I sort of regret that, and wish I had just continued to stay off social media. But oh well. Life goes on. I have not had meat, aside from one chicken finger and a bite of Lauren's turkey burger. I am SO. SICK. of tuna. It's time for meat.

I really enjoyed this Lenten season. I am glad to be reaching the finish line, but overall I do feel more fulfilled. God has been so good to me.

On a totally random note- the A-Z blogging challenge begins on Monday, April 1st. I have decided to go with a "memories" theme. My challenge for myself is to make them positive memories- or, if they aren't so happy, finding the positive in them. My other challenge is to try and share memories that I haven't talked about on my blog before. That's a little difficult, considering I have had this blog for 4 years. But most of the memories I'll be talking about during the blog challenge are from childhood or high school. I hope that you'll check back during the month of April and read some of my stories. I'm having fun writing them, and excited to share them with you.

Hope you have a blessed weekend. For those of you who get a vacation, enjoy it for me.

4 comments:

Shari said... Add Reply

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: I adore your Lent letters project. It's such a sweet idea.

Looking forward to your A-Z challenge! :)

Bethe77 said... Add Reply

Love that you are so open. What a beautiful heart. I didn't do anything for Lent this year. Brave to you. In past I did do Lent letters and prayers everyday to the Lord.Blessings

Bethe77 said... Add Reply
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethe77 said... Add Reply

Love that you are so open. What a beautiful heart. I didn't do anything for Lent this year. Brave to you. In past I did do Lent letters and prayers everyday to the Lord.Blessings