Friday, March 22, 2013

beautiful spirit.

I'm gearing up for the A-Z Blog Challenge and preparing to write a whole lot of blogs. I also have a ton of letters to write still for my Lent project. But today I can't concentrate on those things. I want to write about something else. I had the hardest time figuring it out, but I just knew something was inside me that had to come out on this blog. So I did what I usually do when I get stuck: When to twitter. And my sweet friend Ashley is responsible for sparking inspiration in me, because she answered my plea with this "Share insight: what makes someone have a beautiful spirit, in your opinion?"

Whoop, there it is.

The past week has taught me that people can surprise you and do things that hurt you, even when they were the last person in the world you ever thought would hurt you. But it's also taught me that even more intriguing than people's hidden negative qualities are the beautiful qualities in people that are hidden.

Someone with a beautiful spirit is someone who cares, and I mean cares, for other people. You have such a genuine concern for their feelings that you think before you speak because you don't want to hurt them. You are positive, and let that positive energy reach others around you. You are loyal, you don't judge others. You don't need attention or praise. You do good because it's the right thing to do. You give all that you have into everything you do. You see the sadness in others and do whatever you can to eliminate that sadness.

Be beautiful by being the most positive you that you can be. Turn your anger and frustrations into blessings and gratitude. Tell people what they mean to you. Be beautiful by doing beautiful things for others.

No comments: