Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We'll Still Have Summer After All

Did ya miss me yesterday?

I wasn't going to post tonight, but since I can't fall asleep just yet I'd thought I'd give you all an update!

You know how I walked 4.4 miles on Monday? Awesome, right? I thought so too, until I began to feel the pain. Apparently walking that much after taking such a long break was NOT a good idea. I ended up with a really bad case of shin splints and a sore ankle. I walked yesterday, got about a mile in before my shins started to hurt so badly I was in tears and had to stop every couple of steps. So I turned around and well that meant a total of 2 miles. I came home and did a bit of research, learned that I probably pushed myself too hard. Everything I read suggested that I walk every other day until I get used to it, and ice my shins before and after walking. Does anyone else ever have this problem? I used to get shin splints a lot in high school during field hockey season, but never had them hurt the way they did yesterday. Yikes!

Still been eating pretty good...I make the dinner for my family, so it's nice to be in control of that. I'd say my main problem is this insane sleep schedule that I can't seem to break. I stay up until 3 or 4 am...then sleep in until 11 or 12. Not good, because then I'm missing breakfast AND messing up my body. Tonight, I WILL be in bed by 11. Pinky promise.

I e-mailed one of the prospective nanny jobs today and asked what the status was, since I "applied" a week ago and haven't heard anything. She answered pretty quickly and said that she has a few potential nanny's and hasn't had much time to go through every one's references and backgrounds, but that she was hoping to that night. Her kids aren't out of school for another week, so she doesn't feel the pressure yet.

Another woman contacted me today via e-mail and said she got my name from another mom whose student is in my mom's classroom. She has two little girls, 3 and 1 1/2. Looking for someone Monday-Thursday 8-4 for 10 dollars an hour, which would be about 300 dollars a week. She asked me to send her references and give her a call tomorrow to set up a time to meet. This one is a little further from my house, but at this point I don't care.

If you're looking for an amazing movie to see, please go see "Up". Yes, it's a Disney movie. One of the best Pixar films I've seen. It's one of those where you're crying and laughing within seconds of each other. Full of life messages, beautiful movie.

I think I'll post my "things to do this summer" list here. I wrote it within days of summer vacation beginning but never posted it. Enjoy and feel free to sign up on something with me.

What to do this summer
-Lose the weight
-Complete the Experiencing God book
-Find a Church and Church friends
-Work on my writing, whether its songs or stories
-Have a sleepover with Alicia
-Visit the Zoo
-Volunteer
-Walk every day, participate in charity walks
-Make a list of my 50 favorite songs of all time
-Read, discover new books and authors
-Concerts…sadly, their aren’t many concerts this summer that I am THAT interested in, so I don’t know how often this will be happening. All the concerts I REALLY want to go to are in August/September and I can't fully commit to going.
-Go to Cedar Point
-Go to a Tigers Game
-Visit JP and Sara in Indy
-Learn how to cook
-Write random letters to people who mean a lot to me
-Get in touch with old friends who are POSITIVE, ENCOURAGING people
-Go to a festival/art fair

2 comments:

Shari said... Add Reply

I LOVE your summer list!! You should definitely post whatever songs and stories you write ... I'd love to read them!

Unknown said... Add Reply

Hey megs, try buying some dixie cups (the real small ones), fill them with water, and then freeze them. That way when your shins start to hurt, you can peel the cup off slowly as you ice them. When the ice melts, peel a little more off. It's something we used to tell the atheletes at school.

Also, you can kill two summer birds with one stone by coming down to see us when there's one of many of Indy's art fairs going on. There's one called the Penrod and it's pretty cool. I'll find out some dates and let you know.