Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Daddy Day!

There is a Taylor Swift song called “The Best Day” which she wrote for her mom, about their close relationship and how it’s been that way since Taylor was born. It’s a beautiful song that my mom and I both love. One of my favorite lines, though, is this one:

“I have an excellent father, his strength is making me stronger. God smiles on my younger brother, inside and out he’s better than I am”.

Change younger brother to older brother, you have exactly how I feel about the two most important men in my life. I have always felt very lucky to have such a close bond with my family, especially my parents. I know that is rare, and it is something I treasure and thank God for every single day. I have so many friends and peers that have horrible relationships with their family, my heart goes out to them. I really wish they didn’t have to go through that!

Since today is father’s day, I’d like to honor my daddy in this blog. He’s the greatest guy I know, hands down. We’ve always had a tight bond. Not only is he my protector, comforter, provider, but also my friend. He is the most sensitive, caring, compassionate man that I know, always putting others before himself. He has made many, many sacrifices for our family. Both my parents made it their mission to send us to excellent schools, and because of that raised us to value education. My dad is the person that I look to for strength, for a good laugh, for a hug. He’s done his share of taking over mommy duties when my mom was a teacher and couldn’t take time off work…being a “room mom”, signing up to drive on field trips, cooking, etc. Some of my favorite memories growing up include having breakfast out with my dad after dance class, daddy daughter dances, and going trick-or-treating with my dad. I’m also very proud of him, because he handles stress so well, even if he’s upset, he does not let anyone else know it. He just keeps on going.
One of my dad’s catchphrases is “Don’t tear each other down, build each other up”. He is kind of the glue that holds our family together in that he hates seeing anyone hurt, so will go out of his way to make them feel better. Plus, every person that meets him, LOVES him. (Even Melinda! Hehe).

Recently, my brother asked my dad to be the best man in his wedding next summer. I think that’s really the only way to sum up my dad’s greatness- the best man. I love him so very much. Thank you for everything, Dad. You inspire me each and every day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: