Saturday, June 27, 2009

Music and Hugs

I just saw "My Sister's Keeper". It was an amazing movie, I cried for probably 95 percent of it. I read the book a few years ago, the movie did a really great job of capturing all the emotions. Now I want to go give a bear hug to every person in my life, look them in the eye, and say "thank you. I love you".

So, the day I came home from Western, one of the things I decided to do to keep my mind busy was to come up with a list of my 100 Favorite Songs. It was hard- I started it in May, and would randomly add songs when I thought of them or heard them. It was tough to decide between certain songs for artists, think back to some old classics, and eliminate crap songs that I just love in a moment. Anyways...I finally have the list completed! Wooohooo!

1)Alicia Keys- Fallin
2)Aretha Franklin- Respect
3)The Ataris- The Hero Dies in This One
4)Aerosmith- Cryin
5)Brand New- Seventy Times Seven
6)Billy Joel- Piano Man
7)Bob Dylan- Forever Young
8)Blessid Union of Souls- I Wanna Be There
9)Bette Midler- The Rose
10)Blessid Union of Souls- Peace and Love
11)Ben E. King- Stand By Me
12)Bonnie Tyler- Total Eclipse of the Heart
13)Bon Jovi- Living on a Prayer
14)Beatles- Let It Be
15)Beatles- Hey Jude
16)Counting Crows- Round Here
17)Collective Soul- The World I Know
18)Celine Dion- Because You Loved Me
19)Creed- With Arms Wide Open
20)Coldplay- Yellow
21)Cat Stevens- Wild World
22)Carbon Leaf- Changeless
23)Christina Aguilera- Beautiful
24)David Archuleta- Angels
25)Dashboard Confessional- Screaming Infidelities
26)Def Leppord- Pour Some Sugar On Me
27)Don McLean- American Pie
28)Edwin McCain- I’ll Be
29)Eminem- Lose Yourself
30)Eve 6- Here’s To The Nights
31)Evan and Jaron- Crazy For This Girl
32 Fall Out Boy- Where Is Your Boy Tonight
33)The Fray- All At Once
34)Gloria Gaynor- I Will Survive
35)Gavin DeGraw- More Than Anyone
36)Gnarls Barkley- Crazy
37)Goo Goo Dolls- Iris
38)Heart- Alone
39)Howie Day- Collide
40)Hanson- MMMBop
41)Hanson- Watch Over Me
42)Hairspray- Without Love
43)John Mayer- Comfortable
44)Jack Johnson- Better Together
45)Jimmy Eat World- May Angels Lead You In
46)Jewel- Foolish Games
47)Jason Mraz- Beautiful Mess
48)Jordin Sparks- God Loves Ugly
49)Jeff Buckley- Hallelujah
50)Jackson 5- I’ll Be There
51)Judy Garland- Somewhere Over The Rainbow
52)John Lennon- Imagine
53)Journey- Don’t Stop Believing
54)Josh Groban- You Raise Me Up
55)Kid Rock- Only God Knows Why
56)Kelly Clarkson- Maybe
57)Kelly Clarkson- Irvine
58)Lady Antebellum- All We’d Ever Need
59)Louis Armstrong- What A Wonderful World
60)Luther Vandross- All the Woman I Need
61)Maroon 5- Secret
62)Michael Jackson- Billie Jean
63)Mariah Carey- Hero
64)Martina McBride- Broken Wing
65)Melinda Doolittle- Amazing Grace
66)Melinda Doolittle- There Will Come A Day
67)Melinda Doolittle- If I’m Not In Love
68)Melinda Doolittle- It’s Your Love
69)Madonna- Crazy For You
70)Mandisa- He Will Come
71)My Chemical Romance- Welcome to the Black Parade
72)No Doubt- Don’t Speak
73)Neil Diamond- Sweet Caroline
74)Oasis- Wonderwall
75)Phil Collins- You’ll Be In My Heart
76)Pat Benetar- Heartbreaker
77)Pink- The One That Got Away
78)Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody
79)Rent- Seasons of Love
80)Ray Charles- Georgia on My Mind
81)Ryan Shupe Dream Big
82)Rascal Flatts- God Bless the Broken Road
83)Sara Bareilles- Gravity
84)Snow Patrol- Run
85)Straylight Run- Extensialism on Prom Night
86)Spice Girls- Wannabe
87)Sam Cooke- A Change is Gonna Come
88)Sugarland- Stay
89)Stevie Wonder- You Are the Sunshine of my Life
90)Something Corporate- Konstantine
91)Spill Canvas- The Tide
92)Spill Canvas- Self Conclusion
93)Sister Hazel- All For You
94)Tom Petty- Free Falling
95)The Temptations- My Girl
96)Taylor Swift- I’m Only Me When I’m With You
97)U2- One
98)Van Morrison- Brown Eyed Girl
99)Wicked- For Good
100)Whitney Houston- I Will Always Love You

What I'm going to do is randomly pick 5 songs each week and discuss them here- I'll post a video of the original (if possible), talk about it's meaning in my life, perhaps dedicate it to someone, and maybe post a video of a cover that is my favorite. Depends on the song...I can say that each of these are on here for a specific reason, and reading over each title makes me think of someone in my life.

Okay I just twittered for someone to pick 5 numbers between 1-100, so watch out for the next blog for the first five choices !!

My life is going really well right now...just living it one day at a time, taking whatever is thrown at me. Have for sure had my share of ups and downs this summer, but I am trying my best to stay positive through it all. I like my job, I'm working really hard on losing weight, I'm happy. I will find out Monday or Tuesday if I am accepted into Mercy Volunteer Corps. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Okay, coming up: 5/100 songs. Woo!

1 comment:

Unknown said... Add Reply

Omg Megan!! Amazing list!! So many good songs!! I love it!! okay going to read your next one...