Thursday, July 22, 2010

won't stop me from getting where I'm bound

Remember how my last blog I talked about how I don't do well with idle time and it was really getting to me? Yes well. My life has made a complete 360 since then. I've been babysitting for six beautiful children, ages 1-12. It's fun, but whooooooo buddy is it work! Thankfully my mom is really close, and is extremely close to the family, so she came to help me today. As hard as it is, I also really look forward to the bright moments...like playing "Apples to Apples Junior Edition" with the three youngest girls, one of them sitting on my lap because she can't read yet and needed my help. Or little baby Caroline (named after my mom!) smiling and just wanting a little love.

I came across a few quotes today that really hit home.

1. Let loose of what you can't control. Serenity will be yours.

That's always been hard for me, but something I'm trying really hard to do, especially when it comes to this whole job situation. I can't control what happens, all I can do is put on my brave face, be honest with myself, and say a prayer. What's meant to be will pave it's way, and when it does, I will be at peace. In the meantime, I just need to take some deep breaths. I got this.

2. How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

THAT captures what I've been feeling about saying goodbye to my kids and my community members. I am so blessed to have it and it should be a good sign that saying goodbye is so hard. I mean when I left college, I was scared as all heck for the future, but not sad at all about actually leaving, because my experience was 70% negative.

Alright, letter meme.

Day 18- The Person You Wish You Could Be.

Dear Melinda,
You amaze me. Everywhere you go, you touch lives, inspire, motivate...just by a few simple words or through song. I wish I could be more like you, someone so open and welcoming to every single person you meet. Someone honest, patient, kind, and understanding. You have the biggest heart of anyone I know, and an amazing sense of humor to match. You have this aura of trust around you. People feel like they can just tell you anything- which is probably A LOT to handle at times, but you do it with a smile and one of those famous Melinda hugs. I think that you and I have a lot in common as far as our shyness goes, but the difference is, I look to you for motivation and inspiration, I look to you for words of comfort and advice. You have helped me so much...and what really amazes me are the number of people who feel the same about you that I do. I'm so proud of you, Mama. Words will never do you justice. Just know that I pray I can be just 1/2 the person you are.
Love, Meggie Banana

I know you don't like listening to your own songs, but it's appropriate here :)



Day 19- Someone that Pesters Your Mind- Good or Bad

No one pesters my mind except my own anxieties. And I don't feel like writing to them for the public to see. So, no.

Day 20- The One That Broke Your Heart The Hardest

Dear You-
Ugh. You've gotten too much spotlight on here lately. I don't have anything else to say. Peace.
-Megan- (PS, it was EXACTLY two years ago that I fell head over heels for you. Funny.)

4 comments:

Desiree said... Add Reply

Wow, your letter to Melinda was spot on! You said what everyone feels about Melinda perfectly.

Now, about your babysitting job. Do they like stories? You could read Harry Potter to them. LOL, that would take all summer! And might be less work than roller skating (boy you were brave to take six kids to the roller rink!). But Apples to Apples sounds fun too. :-)

Anonymous said... Add Reply

My goodness, you must be EXHAUSTED by the time you get home from watching the kids. It sounds like they're really great, though, and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Can I just tell you how much I love those quotes? With everything that's been going on lately, I SO needed to read both of those. Thank you for the clarity and inspiration.

And what you wrote to Melinda? Perfect, simply perfect :)

Melinda said... Add Reply

You are the sweetest! Just know that you really are that person for so many and I am proud to know you...wait! I'm thankful and grateful to know you. :-) Have fun with those kiddos. It sounds like you're accomplishing the impossible just by making it through the day. I used to be a nanny and two was my limit.

Anonymous said... Add Reply

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.