Here is where things become a bit more complicated...my early teen years. Breaking away from what was "cool" and sort of doing my own thing. Also the years of school dances, all night slumber parties, high school sports, driving around with my friends who had their license. All of these events included different types music, a song that triggers a memory. I miss these days, and looking back on these songs is a blast back to my young mind.
Ages 10-15 (1998-2003)
1. My Heart Will Go On- Celine Dion. A terrific song from one of the greatest movies of the 90's, Titanic.
2. Genie In A Bottle- Christina Aguleria.
3. Baby One More Time- Britney Spears
4. Summergirls- LFO. This was my first celeb encounter! It was my friends birthday, so the radio dj hosting their concert let us backstage. I don't remember anything about it other than standing there and smiling.
5. Only God Knows Why- Kid Rock. Previous to this song, I had only associated Kid Rock with trashy songs. Then I heard this, and I was amazed.
6. Aaron's Party- Aaron Carter. Dude. I LOVED him.
7. Jumpin Jumpin- Destiny's Child. MMMHMM.
8. All The Small Things- Blink 182. I thought I was all punk rock, listening to Blink.
9. Proud To Be an American-Lee Greenwood. September 11, 2001. I was 14, sitting in my health class.
10. With Arms Wide Open- Creed. This song was played at my grandma's wake.
11. I Will Survive- Gloria Gaynor. Mercy girl anthem...allowing with the next few songs:
12. American Pie
13. Brown Eyed Girl
14. Time Warp- Rocky Horror Picture Show
15. Respect- Aretha Franklin
16. Lady Marmalade- Moulin Rouge. Obsessed with that movie when it first came out!
17. Hero- Enrique Iglasis
18. Fallin- Alicia Keys. The first time I realized what neo soul music was.
19. My Friends Over You- New Found Glory
20. I Feel So- Boxcar Racer
21. A Moment Like This- Kelly Clarkson. Her winning moment on American Idol. Look how far she's come!
22. Complicated- Avril Lavigne. I don't even care, I loved this girl and her first album.
23. Lose Yourself- Eminem. DEEEEEEETROIT.
24. Hazard to Myself- Pink. Teenage angst.
25. Hey Ya- Outkast. Fond memories of shaking it like a polaroid picture.
26. Get Low- Lil Jon
27. Beautiful- Christina Aguleria
28. So Yesterday- Hilary Duff
29. Wonderwall- Oasis
30. So Yesterday- Hilary Duff. My best friend was obsessed with Hil Duff.