Saturday, July 3, 2010

Soundtrack of My Life, Part 3.

If I thought my early teen years were hard, my late teens are 10 times more difficult. I went through drastic changes between the ages of 15-19. Many family challenges, beginning of college, new friends and with that a new set of values, and then, toward the end, a change in me that I am forever grateful for. Come on this musical ride with me and take a look into the mind of Megan, from ages 15-19. Some have no explanation, others come with a long story.

Ages 15-19 (2004-2007)

1. The Remedy- Jason Mraz
2. Yeah- Usher. I knew the whole dance to this song. Jealous?
3. My Boo- Usher/Alicia Keys.
4. My Happy Ending- Avril Lavigne
5. She Will Be Loved- Maroon 5. I used to listen to this song on repeat, hoping a boy would sing it to me one day.
6. Hollaback Girl- Gwen Stefani. This $%$^ is bananas!
7. Collide- Howie Day
9. I'll Be- Edwin Mccain. My all time favorite song, and one that I played before I gave a talk on retreat my senior year of hs.
10. Away From The Sun- 3 Doors Down. The other song I chose for my retreat talk because I had gone through a very hard time.
11. The Hero Dies In This One- The Ataris. This song really hit home. I was dealing with some family issues my last 2 years of high school and the words were sooo true to my life.
8. Seasons of Love- Rent. This song came into my life prior to 2005, but it particularly took meaning when I graduated from high school. Rent was like OUR thing back in that year. It defined my group of friends. As we were leaving each other to move onto college, those words struck my heart in a big way.
9. Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson. I went back to my high school for a dance and everyone was singing this to me as a joke.
10. The World I Know- Collective Soul. This song most def represents Delta Gamma.
11. Sexyback- Justin Timberlake. Fond memories of frat parties at the end of my freshmen year of college.
12. How To Save A Life- The Fray
13. 7x7- Brand New. During a really rough sophomore year, this song was preciscly how I felt about friends who betrayed me...and my hate/anger toward them and myself came through as well.
14. LGFUAD- Motion City Soundtrack. Yes, the actual words to this song are "lets get fucked up and die". No, I never want to go back to the place where this song was my anthem.
15. There Will Come A Day- Melinda Doolittle. Thank the dear sweet Lord, Melinda came in right when I needed her and this song saved me.
16. Peace and Love- Blessid Union of Souls. When Delta Gamma closed its doors, this song is the one that expressed that emotion.
17. Changeless-Carbon Leaf. Another song about DG closing.
18. Sober- Kelly Clarkson. Kelly's album came out almost exactly three months after I stopped using alcohol as a numbing effect. The first song I heard was Sober. I bawled my eyes out.
15. Livin On A Prayer- Bon Jovi. Fond memories of American Idol Season 6 tour.
17. Tattoo- Jordin Sparks. Her very first single. I remember how excited Sam and I were that Blordin happened in the video. I was so proud of this girl, and still am!
18. Breath Anotha- Blake Lewis. Putting this on here because if it had not been for Blake and Sam's love for him, we would not have become bff's.
19. Gravity- John Mayer
20. No One- Alicia Keys
21. Teardrops on My Guitar- Taylor Swift. Her first hit single!

I think I'll end there. Next up will be ages 19-22. :)

No comments: