Sunday, July 25, 2010

fly away and see the world changeless

These days I'm experiencing one of the strangest situations I've ever faced:

Every friend I've made this year, besides Dean, is moving away at the end of the week. We were all placed here through our different volunteer organizations, and now that the year is over, everyone is scattered across the country. I've never had this happen before. I've given so much of myself to each of these amazing people, and now the reality is that I will most likely never see them again. I mean, I'd love to, and I will certainly make the effort, but if I'm being honest, I know that things happen and it is very likely I won't see them. How odd. I am really going to miss all of these people.

Lately I've been finding words of comfort regarding this transition through music. Today, a line from "the Truth" by Kris Allen hit me-

"stop pretending that it's not ending, and let the end begin".

I know Kris is likely discussing a relationship ending here, but the message to me was another reminder to let go. It's time for this year to come to a close, as sad as that may be, and to move onto the next adventure in my life. Time for a new beginning, once again. The theme of my 20's, I think.

I'd like to sum up my feelings toward the absolutley incredible people I've met this year through a song. I hope and pray that each of you find peace and happiness in your new journey, and that you find a "home". I hope nothing but the absolute best for each of you, because trust me, you deserve it. Thank you for everything you've taught me and for your service to the city and to God. I love you and will always be here for you. If you ever find yourselves back in Detroit, give me a call.



Day 21- Someone You Judged By Their First Impression

Dear Dave, Katie, and Nate-
I think we've all discussed our impressions of each other based on facebook before we actually met. It's funny, because none of you are what I expected- and you have each left an amazing impact on my heart. I love you dearly and I am going to miss you. I am very grateful we've become such good friends. Thank you for everything.
Love, Megan

Day 22- Someone You Want To Give A Second Chance To

I don't really have anyone that this applies to. I haven't had any issues lately where people need a second chance, and there are people who I have given second chances to and they blew it...completly.

Day 23- Last Person You Hugged

Dear Sam,
Thank you so much for coming to my little birthday celebration last night. I had fun at our "sleepover". "I'll even sleep on the little couch!". HA. You're a great friend and I really appreciate you driving 3 hours just to spend some time with me. It meant so much! Love you!
Love, Megan

No comments: