Thursday, July 1, 2010

Soundtrack of My Life, Part 1.

So, I decided to complete one of my 43 things- create the soundtrack of my life. I wasn't sure how I should go about it..pick popular songs from every year? Pick songs that mean a lot to me? I did a little bit of both. I wrote down signficant life events that have a song attached to them, also picked songs from the radio, movies, and albums that, at that time in my life, were very important to me for whatever reason. Some songs were released earlier, but came around in my life later (example, Living On A Prayer was one of my 2008 anthems, but was released in the 80's.)

I did it in parts, because as I got older, music became more important to me. You'll notice that my younger years don't have many songs...and that's because, while I'd love to sit here and tell you that I clearly remember running around my house singing Michael Jackson songs, I am not going to lie to you...I have no memory of music in my life until I was about 9 or 10...so the songs I picked for my young years are the ones that stand out the most, many of them are from movies. Today, I present to you, the soundtrack of my life...from 1988-1997.

Ages 1-5 (1988-1992)
1. Somewhere Over The Rainbow~Wizard of Oz
2. Part Of Your World~Little Mermaid
3. Beauty and The Beast~Beauty and The Beast. Still to this day one of my favorite songs!
4. Tomorrow~Annie
5. Wind Beneath My Wings~Bette Midler. I don't remember when exactly it was, but sometime we had a service for my grandparents anniversay and this song was played. I was probably older than 5, but I just remember being very little and loving the words to this song.
Ages 5-10 (1992-1997)
6. 500 Miles- The Proclaimers. I remember hearing this on the radio all the time!
7. Waterfalls- TLC
8. Macarena
9. You've Got A Friend In Me- Toy Story. Favorite Pixar movie!
10. Wannabe- Spice Girls. I got this CD for Easter the year it was released and completly flipped out.
11. I Believe I Can Fly- Space Jams. Cmon. everyone loved this song.-backstreet’s back (1997)
12. Who Will Save Your Soul- Jewel. I remember hearing this song on the radio on one of our roadtrip to Ft Walton Beach, FL and thinking that I had never heard anyone sing that way before.
13. Walking On The Sun- SmashMouth. Another radio hit.
14. Don't Speak- No Doubt. Like Jewel, I was really impressed with this song.
13. Barbie Girl- Aqua. Memories of field trips to the roller skating rink!
14. MMMbop- Hanson. Every 10 year old girl's anthem in 1997.
15. Tearin Up My Heart- Nsync. Nsync was totally my first concert!
16. Backstreet's Back- BSB. I was an Nsycn girl, but will admit I loved this song.

Hope you enjoyed going back into time with me! Tomorrow I will begin my teen years, ages 10-15. What fun!

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

SPICE GIRLS!! :)

They'll always be a favorite of mine -- the songs are just so much fun! Their reunion tour was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I loved every minute.

Love the songs you chose so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's on the next part of your list!