Sunday, July 4, 2010

soundtrack of my life part 4, letter to sam

This is the fourth and final (for now ) edition to the soundtrack of my life. This one goes from summer 2008 right up to the present. I know I'm leaving things out, this is just what stuck out the most. Enjoy :)


Ages 19-22

1. One Step At A Time- Jordin Speeeeeeeeezy. Sam and I saw Jordin summer 2008, went backstage and cried with her about Amanda and Laurence being sick. It was very powerful and this song always reminds me of that day.
2. Angels- David Archuleta. Amanda passed away June 2008. This was her song, and soon became our (and by our, I mean Sam and I) song that summer. Amanda was with us through those experiences.
2. Please Don't Stop The Music-Rihanna. Except, the American Idol Season 7 version.
3. Listen- Syesha Mercado. For obvious reasons, if you know anything about me and that summer.
4. Apple Bottom Jeans-T Pain. I wish I could list every song that was played at my sister's wedding, because each of them are filled with a memory of Alex and I on the dance floor. However, this one is particularly memorable because not only did it play at the wedding, but also at the dive bar afterward...such good times with Alex, my brother, and my future sister in law.
5. Don't Want To Miss A Thing-Aerosmith. My sister and Dave's song :) They got married this summer!
6. Love Don't Live Here- Lady Antebellum
7. The Climb- Miley Cyrus. Because I have fond memories of screaming that song with Lauren.
8. No Air- Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown. I mean, have you SEEN Alex and I remake this music video?
9. Light On- David Cook
10. Crush- David Archuleta
11. Heartless- Kanye West
12. Gives You Hell- All American Rejects
13. It's Your Love- Melinda Doolittle. So proud of this lady :)
14. Just Dance- Lady GaGa. First single!
15. I'm Yours- Jason Mraz Never once got sick of this song.
16. Closer- Ne Yo
17. Single Ladies- Beyonce
18. So What- Pink
19. More Than Anyone- Gavin DeGraw
20. Gravity- Sara Barailles
21. For Good- Melinda and Gina :)
22. Home- Melinda Doolittle. Her performance of this song gives me CHILLS.
23. My Life Would Suck Without You- Kelly Clarkson
24. My Deliverer- Mandisa. Mandisa came into my life in a BIG way fall 2008 and has not left ever since. So thankful for everything she has done for me.
25. I Will Be- Melinda Doolittle
26. Waking Up in Vegas- Katy Perry
27. Slow Ride- Adam Lambert/Allison Iraheta
28. All I Ever Wanted- Kelly Clarkson. I met Kelly for the first time fall 2009!
29. Battlefield- Jordin Sparks.
30. Forever and Always- Taylor Swift
31. I Got A Feelin- Black Eyed Peas.
32. Run To You- Lady Antebellum
33. Bad Romance- Lady Gaga
34. Glass- Gavin DeGraw
35. New Begnnings- Ayiesha Woods
36. All Hail The Heartbreaker- The Spill Canvas
37. Live Like We're Dying- Kris Allen
38. Walk On- U2 RIP Laurence Carolin <3<3<3

Funny thing is, there are SO many more that I could put on here for these past few years, but I think that's enough :)

Also, I'm doing a letters meme.

day 1 - your best friend
i have a couple of ~best friends, but i'm only picking one for this one.

dear sam,

I always have a hard time putting our friendship into words...plus, I've told you all of this before. So forgive me for being repetative...but last night, after I got that text from you about you know what, I kind of just...crumpled onto my floor and started crying. What got me through, tho, was knowing how much fun you were probably having at the Idol concert. I just imagined you boppin around singing along and cheering for all the idols and that got me back up. I was reminded of our earliest days as friends, when we stalked season 6. I really miss those days...how carefree and down for adventure we were. It amazes and inspired me that you are still like that- always down to have fun, but never selfish- you'll just do whatever everyone else wants to do. Anyways, since the days of running into Phil Stacey in a dark parking lot, we've been best friends. Through roomates, break ups, nights out, dance parties, tears, hugs, music, and laugther, we have had one hell of a friendship. You know more about me than any of my other friends, but you love me anyways. That is such a gift to me, thank you! You're one of the only people I can completely trust. It's hard to find a friend who I can be my complete self around, but with you I don't even have to think about it- it just happens. thank you so much for your strong, beautiful presence in my life. I really do not know what I would have done if you had not come into my life. I am very blessed.

love you,
megan





3 comments:

Sammie said... Add Reply

Megan first of all I love this sountrack of your life idea!! I wish I could do that!! and second I love you so much!! I dont know what I would do without you!!! Your so selfless and giving I wish I was more like that!!! I missed you so much yesterday. I LOVE YOU!!

Shari said... Add Reply

This was such a fun idea! I enjoyed seeing what songs you chose and reading your explanations for them.

I love that you included Melinda and Gina's For Good in this section ... that was such a special moment in the concert. And WHOOHOO for you finally meeting Kelly!!

AlexJD said... Add Reply

Where's the video of "No Air"? Or maybe it was just pictures.

And if you think that wedding was fun... just wait missy!