Wednesday, August 22, 2012

mama and papa are going to the homeland!

So...something really exciting is about to happen and I cannot properly express it vocally because well... I can't talk right still. So the only way to really get my message across? Blog it baby.

What's happening? My parents... Mama and Papa C, are leaving for IRELAND in a few days! IRELAND, people! Land of the leprechauns, home of the Irish! our homeland!

It all started Christmas 2010. My mom (teacher extraordinaire) received an anonymous gift of $500 mixed in with her gifts from students. To this day we do not know who it is from, but that gift shows you just how special my mom is. I mean people don't just get $500 as an anonymous gift. Prior to receiving this gift, they always talked of a dream trip to Ireland, but no way of doing it financially. That money was the start, and they began saving up, now they are actually going there. MONDAY!

I am excited beyond belief for them. It will be the trip of a lifetime. Not only are they going to be in an amazing, beautiful country soaking up our Irish culture, but they are also going to the Notre Dame game! Yes, that's right, Notre Dame is playing a football game in Ireland that week. If you know anything about my family, you know that they are huge, and I do mean huge, Notre Dame fans. They go to at least one game a year down in South Bend, they can quote Rudy on demand, and they follow every update pre season, during the season, and post season.

So, mom and dad, I have made you a list of things I'd like you to do in Ireland. Besides, you know, live like rockstars.

1. Explore the castles.
2. Speak in a fake Irish accent
3. Do an Irish jig on the cobblestone street
4. Find Baggot Street and say "what up" to the Sisters of Mercy
5. Roll down an Irish hill
6. Find our ancestors
7. Go to a real Irish pub and drink a pint or two.
8. Count how many people are named "Seamus"
9. Kiss the Blarney Stone
10. If you do nothing else, do this: have an amazing time and take way too many pictures.

I love you both and I am so proud and excited!

When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.
When Irish hearts are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, they steal your heart away. 

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

I hope they have an incredible time! :)