Wednesday, June 22, 2011

ten years

A lot can happen in 10 years...sometimes it's fun to think about where I was, where I am now, and where I'm going.

Ten years ago...

I was 13 years old, just leaving 8th grade and getting ready for high school. I was shy, sensitive, emotional, focused, boy crazy, dramatic, and kind. I was READY to leave my school, since I had gone there K-8. I was excited and nervous for high school, having no idea what to expect. I spent that summer with my best friends, having sleepovers and hanging out at the mall. My career aspirations probably ranged from teacher to psychologist, although I really don't recall. I just remember listening to 95.5 a lot and staying up too late with my friends. I had my first "boyfriend", which, at that age, meant holding hands if we were brave enough.

I'm trying to rember what I imagined my life would be like 10 years later... I probably thought I'd be dating Justin Timberlake and having fancy dinner parties with my loads and loads of friends. Well unfortuantley things didn't work out with Justin and I...yes, my life has definatley taken a different course than I imagined it would.

Now...

I'm 23. Just two months into my first real job. I'm shy, but friendly. Sweet, dependable, caring, and funny (at least, I think so). I'm deeply passionate about music and writing, as well as helping other people and being a good friend. I adore my family and friends. I've lost a lot of people close to me. I'm single. I live at home. I try to start every day with a positive attitude. I love kids.

Ten Years From Now...

I will be 33. I will be a mature, confident, compassionate, caring woman. I am hoping that I will be in love with a man who is patient, understanding, kind, funny, and my best friend and soul mate. I'm not sure where I will be working, my hope is that the job I have now will lead me to an organization such as Make A Wish, or something where I can help others come true. I will have my first published book. I'll have new favorite artists and bands. I'll still adore my family, because that is one connection I cannot and will not ever lose. I'd love to have nieces and nephews, perhaps a child of my own. I can see myself living in Detroit still, but if life leads me to Nashville, I'd be happy with that as well.

It's so hard to pin point. I canot predict the future. I can only hope that I stay true to my heart, trust in God, and go where life takes me...all while working hard and being kind, open, and honest with others. I will have to let my guard down but be careful to not fall in love too fast.

I'm happy, and I just pray that I don't lose that, I don't lose sight of what is important. 10 years from now, I still want to be me...just with more life experience and growth.

1 comment:

LeeBird3 said... Add Reply

Ten years ago, I was the stay-at-home mom of three blonde-haired boys ages seven, five, and two. I loved encouraging others, singing at church, and reading.

Now, my boys are almost 17, barely 15, and almost 12. My oldest will be a senior when school resumes. I'm a full-time special ed teacher. I still love encouraging other, singing at church, and reading, but writing has become my passion.

No matter what season of life we're in...God sure is good, isn't He? :)