Sunday, July 11, 2010

that's what i'm here for

For my birthday last year, I set up a cause on Facebook to raise $200 for Malaria No More. I raised every penny through the donations of friends and family. This year, I'm trying to raise $100. Reason being, I know everyone is really tight with money and I don't want to beg. This year, I'm not only doing it to save lives, but in memory of Laurence, my inspiration. That kid had so much compassion and motivation, so many amazing creative ideas. I want to do everything I can to continue his mission. This is one small thing that I can do.

So, if you would like to donate (I'm suggesting $10, but feel free to donate more or less), click here. http://apps.facebook.com/causes/birthdays/400459?bws=sl

In other news, we had our official goodbye party yesterday. Because everyone has been so gracious to us this year, we wanted to have our own party. We (and by we, I mean Katie), made all the food, cleaned the house, and invited Sisters, friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors. It was great to have conversations and goodbyes with such amazing people. The party ended somewhat early and we just kind of hung out, watching Jurassic Park.

Today we all walked to Church together for the last time. I must say, that has been one of the best parts of this year for me. I've never had friends I could share a deep faith with, and it means the world to me that we can go to Church together and then have a sit down brunch afterwords. I'm really going to miss that.

Anyways, still have a few more weeks before it's really over...so I won't get into TOO much sappy stuff tonight. That will probably be tomorrow, after our last spirituality night (warning you now).

Letter to the last person you had feelings for...

Dear Loser,
I COULD just quote lyrics to you. "I would never wish bad things, but I don't wish you well". You are probably the most frustrating person I have ever met in my entire life. What I hate the most about you is the way you decieved me...and you knew just what you were doing. "I had a feeling that those looks you gave me were real...what if I ripped your heart apart at the seams maybe then you'd know how I feel". I really don't want to waste any more time talking about you so I'm not even going to get into everything. I'll probably never see you again, and I'm okay with that. OH- and thanks A LOT FOR RUINING SO MANY SONGS FOR ME. Goodbye.

Megan...from Michigan.

As much as I'd love to post a really angry "I'm over you so oh well" song, this one really...hits home.




Letter to an internet friend.

I don't have many internet friends. I don't count the backups because I've met 98% of them (and most of them several times). I am going to write this to Elizabeth, an Idol fan who I've never met.

Dear Elizabeth-
You are so sweet! I love reading your blog because you have such an open heart. I absolutley LOVE your music taste and your dedication to the arists you support. It breaks my heart that you have to deal with icky stuff sometimes, because you deserve so much happiness....but even though you go through a lot, you are always very positive toward everyone! I love that! Your tweets crack me up and I adore your graphics. Thank you so much for being a positive light in my life. Keep your head up girl and keep working hard. I'm so proud of you!!! I'm always here for you if you need anything.

Love, Megan

1 comment:

Elizabeth Rosalyn said... Add Reply

Thank you so much for the sweet letter, Megan! I admire you very much as well - you are one of the most loyal, courageous and thoughtful individuals I have the pleasure of knowing! Your optimistic attitude and strong activism really make a difference in the lives of the people you care about. I am so grateful to call you a friend! <3