Monday, July 20, 2009

May Angles Lead You In

7) Bob Dylan- Forever Young

I actually only heard this song for the first time a few years ago...I know, a darn shame. It is tradition at Delta Gamma initiation for the big sister to read a poem, song lyrics, story, etc to their little sister before she is initiated. I read these lyrics to my little, Lindsey. I think the lyrics are a beautiful way to express good wishes toward someone you care about. Couldn't you just see it being used in a children's book? Me too :)





22) Carbon Leaf- Changeless

The perfect graduation song :) I actually cannot find a good youtube video, all the ones I've found have pretty yucky quality...but I will post the lyrics.

Call my friends to share some wine
To share some laughs, and last goodbyes
My photographs of these years
Will make me laugh through the tears

What are the odds, what are the odds?
This ends and we don't meet again
What are the odds, What are the odds?
That I will miss your smile

Take awhile! Take awhile! Take care and
Fly away and see the world
Take awhile! Take awhile! Take time and
If you need rest, I'll keep your nest
Changeless

Let fondness be our souvenir
To keep it warm, we'll keep it near
Otherwise with no heart to recall...
A memory's just a memory after all
I will not leave this pulse alone
Though it may take the long way home
I will not wait until the end
For my applause for you my friend

What are the odds, what are the odds?
This ends and we don't meet again
What are the odds, what are the odds?
This ends and we won't meet again
What are the odds, What are the odds?
That I have missed your smile

Take awhile! Take awhile! Take care and
Fly away and see the world
Take awhile! Take awhile! Take time and
If you need rest, I'll keep your nest
Changeless

34) Gloria Gaynor- I Will Survive

Aww yeah. This best be on everyone's favorite songs list. I can't even express how happy this song makes me! In high school everyone knew that this was my song- in fact, at dances they used to dedicate it to me! Perfect song for a night out with friends. Such a creative song, too! Tells a great story!!!



I'm posting Melinda's cuz she sounds flawless...wish the band wasn't so loud, because her voice is amazing!



45) Jimmy Eat World- May Angels Lead You In

You may know this song from A Cinderella Story. I love Jimmy Eat World, I miss them, I should get into them again. Anyways, I've always thought this was one of the most beautiful songs. If I die young, I want this song played at my funeral. Remember that. My favorite part is

"A song for a heart so big,
god wouldn't let it live."



57) Kelly Clarkson- Irvine

I have two Kelly songs that are on this list. This song is so haunting and beautiful...she wrote it when she was going through her darkest time, right after a show. It's obvious to me that it is a call out to God. I wish Kelly got more credit for her creativity. She's amazing, and so is this song.

No comments: