Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chelsea has inspired me to make a bunch of mixed cd's. I already made hers and am sending it off tomorrow. If anyone else would like one, let me know. I'll make you a special, custom mixed cd.

I wrote down a whole bunch of topics to blog about within the upcoming weeks, but not feeling up to writing any tonight so I thought I'd just give a little update on my weight loss journey.

I just got in from my 3 mile walk. To anyone out there who is trying to lose weight, I can't tell you enough how important exercise is. I know, it's not everyone's favorite, but I promise once you get into a routine you will learn to love it. Pick something you enjoy doing and stick with it! I absolutley love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I walk in that door- plus I can feel my legs getting stronger every day :)

I was starting to get frustrated because I was not losing any weight, I would either go up and down and then back up or just stay the same. I've finally started shedding some pounds, though. I credit that to walking and to limiting my intake of sweets and going out to eat. I've also tried really hard not to eat at night, because I tend to overeat when that happens, and I also go to bed feeling icky and wake up with no energy. I try to wake up earlier and eat a good, healthy breakfast. I am NOT a breakfast person so this is tough. I eat weight control oatmeal (try mixing in a banana or raisins to make it taste a little better), drink hot tea instead of coffee, and spend time reading my Grand New Day devotional, writing, or praying. This really does make my days better and brighter, I have more energy and kick my day off to a healthy start.

Really, it's all about choices. I'm learning to change my lifestyle and habits rather than eliminate foods or deprive myself of eating something. I think it's the best way.

While we're on the topic of weight loss, did anyone catch "More To Love" tonight? I didn't watch it, so I could be wrong, but I don't think I feel very positive about that show. I get the feeling that rather than potraying the message that "average" sized girls should be shown on reality tv, I feel that it's going to be sort of a mockery of "bigger" girls. I think I'll have to watch it to decide.

Okay, I know darn well (not because I'm full of myself, but because they have told me) that there are a lot of people (hi people!) that read this blog but don't comment, which is TOTALLY fine and I love that you read my blog. BUT, if any of you are trying to lose weight, I want you to comment or send me a message however you please- let's chat about it! This is probably the hardest things I have ever done in my life, but it's so much easier with people supporting you and understanding you!

3 comments:

Shari said... Add Reply

Aww, I love, love, LOVE the mixed cd idea! What a cool idea for a personalized and special gift, especially since it's so clear through your blog posts what an important part of your life music is! :)

I also wanted to tell you that I SO admire your dedication with all your weight loss goals. So many people would take the easy way out, but you push forward with it every day and I so respect and admire that. If only more people had your dedication, the world would be a better place. I have complete confidence that you can and will continue to do this!

<3

babz said... Add Reply

First off, LOVE the mixed CD idea! You are so sweet :-)

Second, you are such an inspiration to me. You have such great determination and drive and you are doing so so well!! I know exactly what you're going through and although its tough, its all worth it in the end. Do know that you are beautiful!!

Third I refuse to watch that TV show for the same exact reasons!

Fourth, happy birthday minus 1 hour!!

Love ya!!

Anonymous said... Add Reply

I literally cannot wait to get my mixed CD! I am totally making one and sending one your way but I work ALL the time so finding time to sit down to make one comes a bit more difficult, plus its one of my friends last weeks in town, so I'm trying to spend as much time with him as possible.

Secondly, I am trying to lose weight. 25 lbs to goal! let's chat!
love you forever!