Monday, April 16, 2012

Neverland

Peter Pan is my favorite children's story. I'm fascinated by it. Still, at 24 years old, I dream of never never land.

So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!

What if a place like that actually existed? I'll tell you what, if it did, I'd be in a parachute headed for that 2nd star to the right, straight on until morning. I imagine Neverland is such a lovely place. Except, you know, for pirates. They're kind of scary.

My Neverland would be full of laughter and fun, a place where no one got hurt and everyone got along. It would be a place where everyone could escape too when life got too tough, too painful. Neverland would be full of beautiful, rich colors, sweet sounds and smells. There would be endless amounts of iced coffee and books. Music would play throughout all of Neverland, not any certain kind of music, but all music. Neverland would be dedicated to love and laughter. We wouldn't grow up in Neverland...and yes, their would be fairies and pixie dust. Right, Tink?

Sadly, this place does not exist anywhere but in my own mind. Trust me, I've tried to google map it. But we can still dream. We can each create our own personal "neverlands" in our head, and use that as an escape. Because you're never too old to dream.

What's your personal neverland like?

I'll end with a song as I try to do..


Have a good week everyone. Watch for posts o-s this week!

1 comment:

furmurr said... Add Reply

Love it! Peter Pan has always been my favorite too!