Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday Tunes: SO MUCH NEW MUSIC

This is one of those Tuesday's that makes my ears VERY happy, because it's a grand new music release day. Some of my favorite artists gave us treats today. I hope you give some of them a listen and let me know what you think.

Singles

Gavin DeGraw- Best I Ever Had
This man is probably my favorite male artist. I own all his music and know it by heart. He's outstanding. I was excited when he announced a new single. Best I Ever Had is pretty good. The only reason it's not GREAT is because...well...it's not that...original? It sounds very much like Train. But that's alright. I forgive Gavin and still love the song.


John Mayer- Paper Doll
Oh this dude. I have a love/hate relationship with Mr. Mayer. Musically, he's one of my favorites. Personally, I'd like to kick him in the face. His last album, which came out a year ago, flopped. Both with critics and with me. So I was excited for a new song to pull him out of that little blip. The lyrics are amazing...and people are speculating that it's about Taylor Swift with the ''22" reference and the "someone's gonna paint you another sky" (Taylor's song Dear John states "you paint me a blue sky then go back and turn it to grey). If that's the case, it kind of makes me like the song more. I love when artists respond to each other musically.



EP's

Caitlin Crosby,Save That Pillow

I was first introduced to Caitlin when she opened for Jason Castro in concert in 2010. I loved her vibe. Been waiting on new music for her since then, and now here it is. Caitlin's a really cool person. I mean, I think she is. I don't know her on a personal level or anything, but her music is really meaningful, she's got a killer voice and she works really hard. Plus she's involved with The Giving Keys, an awesome charity. Her six track EP is excellent. Favorite song is Save That Pillow.



Albums
Hanson, Anthem

The first time I met my best friend Sam, she announced to myself and our other sorority sisters that she was a mega Hanson fan. We all responded with "Like....MMMBOP?". None of us had any idea that those boys were still making music. And I met Sam in the fall of 2006. Now it's 2013, and they are STILL making music! Sam introduced me to the world of Hanson and I've been addicted ever since. Yes, they are still making music, and it's amazing.

Anthem, the album that came out today, si there ELVENTH album. I realize that may shock people. You really don't hear much about Hanson unless you're in the know. But let me just assure you, each album is unique, and GOOD.

I downloaded the new album last night. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of the tune up on youtube, but I will share these two with you that I found.

Already Home



Tonight

Get The Girl Back



2 comments:

Rob-bear said... Add Reply

Not entirely a Bear's taste in music, but I'm glad you enjoy it.

Blessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting
Life in the Urban Forest (poetry).

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said... Add Reply

I love Gavin Degraw too! I saw him live recently and it was the best!