Sunday, December 30, 2012

Two Months.

Dear Ryan;

You are two months old today! It actually feels much longer. I feel like you've always been here. I want you to know how much your mommy and daddy love you. I'm sure that will be a frequent topic of these letters, but I think it's important for you to know that the love was present from the second you arrived...and I can see it growing stronger and stronger every single day. It's the way your daddy refers to you as "my baby" or how your mommy says "I'll be right back, bye bye Ryan" and kisses you, even when she's just going up the stairs. They protect you and they look at you with sparkling eyes and wide smiles. They are so proud of you.

You've grown a lot in the last month. You're a whopping ten pounds, you are sleeping more during the night, and you have turned yourself over from your tummy. We all love watching you grow. You started smiling more, too, and that smile is beautiful.

You had your very first Christmas, and you got so many presents, our way of saying that we love you and can't wait to watch you grow. I got you the book Peter Pan. That is my very favorite children's story, Ryan, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I can't tell you to never grow up because I know that you will- but I hope that your life is your very own version of Neverland. Magical and full of surprises and adventure.

We are all waiting for your hair to turn a certain color- right now it is light, but with dark hair in the back. We're still oohing and aaahing over every little thing that you do and we are all very much in love with you.

Tomorrow is the last day of 2012. What a year it has been. The greatest gift of all was you, our little Ryan.


Love, Aunt Megan

No comments: