Monday, February 16, 2015

We're Doing Our Best

We're doing the best we can.

And by we, I mean my family.

Please be patient with us. Please know that when we don't answer your email or phone call or text right away it's not because we don't care or don't want to talk. It's because we are tired, or we are with each other. And the moments we spend with one another are pretty special, so we try not to disturb them. 

When worry about test results consume us, it takes every fiber of our being to "stay positive". And we know the importance of positivity. We know it makes a difference. We know. But just because that's true doesn't make it easy. We also have to be realistic. 

No one has it harder than my mom. She has no escape. She comes home from work and immediately dives into caregiver mode. She has to make sure dad has his pills, that his appointments and rides for the week are set, that he's feeling okay, that they have something for dinner. 

Our number one priority right now is one another. To give each other love and support and strength. 

So if we forget to text you back or what time we were supposed to meet you for lunch, we're sorry. We are doing the best we can.

The reason for this post does not stem from a certain event, rather just something I've been feeling. Maybe it's me projecting feelings onto myself but I do feel, at times, more flakey and forgetful than I've ever been before. And I guess I worry that friends may think that I am ignoring them. I'm not. I'm just very focused on the most important people in my life.

I feel like a broken record, but I can't thank you enough for the prayers, warm wishes, patience and for understanding. This isn't easy. But we are doing our best.


No comments: