Monday, November 3, 2014

Dear Sun

Dear Sun,
I want you to know how much I miss you when you're gone. November came and suddenly we are seeing less of you. My entire mood and energy level changes when you disappear. And I get it, you need a break. You've been out all summer and you need to recharge. But selfishly, I wish you'd stay a little longer.

I know I am not the only one to feel this way. You are loved-and needed-by so many.

On these dark days, just catching a glimpse of you gives me hope. When you hide all day, I have a much harder time finding motivation to live my life. Hiding under blankets sounds much more appealing. So I have to find other ways to get energy. It would be easier for me to hide. But I must go on. I must be curious, then brave, then bold....and then, I go.

So although you won't be around as much I will imagine that you are. I will look for "sunshine" in other forms: in my nephews smile, in Tom's hugs, in Sam's Christmas spirit, in the chit chat at work, in my family's strength. And I will appreciate the moments when you come out to shine, and whisper a heartfelt "thank you".

Don't be a stranger.

Love, Megan

No comments: