Tuesday, June 5, 2012

caring.

Today has been one of those ass kicking, emotionally draining kind of days where I got home at 10 pm and just couldn't do anything but babble on about my day and all the craziness that is happening. I knew I wouldn't be able to go to sleep until I had some sort of outlet. So that would be why I am writing a blog at 10:30 on a Tuesday night when really I should be sound asleep.

Today was so emotionally draining for several different reasons. Most I can't reveal all the details of to protect other people. But I can tell you, there was a common theme in all of these instances: care and compassion for one another.

I have talked about this so many times on my blog you all are probably sick of it. But it became so evident to me today that our lives REVOLVE around the care and concern we present to other people. We so often disregard the fact that we are all humans and as humans we absolutely MUST take care of each other. And we must stand up for what we believe in and stop hate and violence as we see it happening; and also stop it before it happens. We do that by looking out for each other. Educating each other. Providing resources. Wrapping your arm around someone and saying "hey; I'm here for you".

I am so passionate about this I could burst, and it's just so crazy to me how this theme keeps playing into my life, whether it's at work, in my personal life or just things that I observe. We can't tear each other down just to make ourselves feel better. We must be compassionate toward all people.

I am totally guilty of gossiping, judging, saying mean and hateful things about someone so I know that I don't have much room to sit here and preach. But I am going to make a very conscious effort to just go one day without saying something mean about someone else. Just one day. If I can do that one day I know I can do more. Join me. Start a revolution.

This week is not over and there are even more emotionally draining events to come- another sandcastles training tomorrow, mercy volunteer corps transition retreat saturday, and cristo rey graduation sunday. But I will somehow make it through this week.

I love you so, so much and I want you to know that by reading this blog you have made me smile today.

No comments: