Monday, March 5, 2012

don't you remember

This post may seem slightly morbid. And I'm not really sure where it came from. But this is what I wrote in my journal today, and I wanted to share it.

If I were to die tomorrow, I don't care if people remember what my job title was or my accomplishments at work. I don't care if they know my college major or what sorority I was in. I don't care if they know what sports I played in high school or how much money I made. I want people to think I was a good person. Above all things, that's all I want to be remembered for. A good person who treated people with kindness. I remind myself of that every day. When I get really angry over something little or when life seems to be all caving in- I remind myself of my purpose. To be a good person. I also want the people who have impacted me in some way to know they have impacted me. So many people have played a part in my story, and I just want them to know I appreciate it.

I want to do what I can to make people happy, to make people breathe a little easier. I work hard every day at my job to do this for my coworkers because even though I don't have too, I get so much satisfaction from it. Even on my most exhausting days, if I can do something for somebody else, I'm happy. That gets me in trouble sometimes, because I forget to take care of myself and wind up sick or sad or lonely.

I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. Work is crazy but great. I love my house, and my roommate. I love spending time with the Carter family. I love youth group. I love volleyball. I love my family. And I love that I am going to be in Florida in 4 weeks with my siblings, their significant others, and my cousin Patrick. And there's this new person in my life who is wonderful and maybe you'll get to here more details later.

Lent Letters Update
Most of the letters have so far been hand delivered. I did just put a stack from Friday-Today in the mail. The reaction I'm getting has been sweet. One of my coworkers cried and then came into my office and hugged me so tight. I have another coworker letter to deliver tomorrow. I've stuck to my calender. Friday-Today were all tough, they were very close family members or friends so I'm excited to see the reactions I get to those ones!

I have to sleep, my eyes are closing as I finish typing this and I'm due at the office at 7:30 tomorrow morning. Goodnight!

No comments: