Monday, December 30, 2013

Dear Ryan: 1 year, 2 Months

Dear Ryan,
GUESS WHAT? You're WALKING now! Can you believe it? This is so exciting! You're getting to be such a big boy. You can say things like "that" and "dada" AND you can walk!

We just celebrated Christmas and the best part was being able to see you open your presents. You were timid at first, but once you realized that there were toys and presents under the wrapping paper, you loved opening your gifts! Grandma Carolin got you some really cool stuff, like a red car that you can sit in and a big tub of giant Lego's.

You made Christmas fun and magical for me again, just seeing the look on your face as you discovered your new toys, and as you ate all the yummy food. Your belly kept getting rounder and rounder throughout the day, with all the treats we kept giving you.

You and I have a new thing that we do. We make this adorable scrunchy face at each other. I know that you're still little and learning who I am, and that sometimes you may even forget who I am, but I hope that we keep doing the scrunchy face. It's one of my new favorite things.

When we were playing games on Christmas you kept walking around, throwing blank pieces of paper in the bowl, grabbing onto one of us when you wanted to stand up. at one point you were just leaning against me, so you could play with your lego's but wouldn't fall down. I loved it. I always want to be there for you to lean on.

Ryan, you just have no idea how much we all love you. When I am having a bad day or feeling sad I just think of you, or look at a picture of you, and I feel so much better. You are the most important person in my life. And even though I don't see you every week, that feeling never goes away. I promise to not be a distant aunt. I promise you will see more of me, and see me more than on just holiday's.

2013 is about to be over, and we will start a new year full of adventures. I can't wait to see what happens next. Love you, Ryan!




No comments: