Friday, December 20, 2013

Can we just love for a minute?

People are all up in arms about the Duck Dynasty situation. Nasty words are being exchanged via Twitter and other social media outlets. Plus, lots of stories about "keeping Christ in Christmas" controversies.

These, and other stories, are full of hate. Full of it! Hateful words spit back and forth, so easily, so carelessly.

STOP.

Your veins are not injected with hate, my friend. Your mind is not clouded with evil. Your heart is not full of anger.

You, no matter your religious beliefs, are a human being.  A human being who craves love and kindness, no matter how naïve that may sound. So what makes you think it's okay to spew out hate to other humans? They are the same as you. They have challenges, celebrations. They are grieving, they are struggling. Give them a freaking break, already.

You don't have to believe in God or believe that Christmas is about Jesus' birth. Personally, I do, but I get that not everyone believe that. But, friends, believe in this: Christmas is most certainly NOT about hate. We are just days away from Christmas, and yet we are surrounded by negativity.

I know I sound like that chick in Mean Girls who talks about rainbows and butterflies and everyone rolls their eyes. But that girl had a point. Is it too much to ask to just be KIND to one another?

C'mon guys. We're better than this. Spread love.

3 comments:

Kari velez said... Add Reply

Hi, I'm currently in the search for sites or blogs. I really liked your site, would like to exchange links. I can add you to my blog for a list of links so that my visitors can see your site as well, in return I ask my web links

any questions only contact me

greetings, I am waiting for your answer.
karivelezs@gmail.com

Elizabeth Rosalyn said... Add Reply

Yes to all of this! Christmas and the holiday season is a time for love, kindness, and empathy. Let us all remember that and spread positivity and cheer around to everyone we come across this December and beyond!

Rob-bear said... Add Reply

Yes, we can be kind to one another. It is a choice. It's that simple.

Blessings and Bear hugs!