Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday: Week 14

Hey, ya'll.

I was REALLY excited when I stepped on the scale Saturday because I had, in fact, lost two pounds, putting me at a total of 19 pounds. I was so excited I practically ran out of the locker room to call my mom and text my friends.

But then my monthly visitor came Sunday night, and I gained 6 lbs overnight from it.

I know it's "water weight" and I know I'll lose it when my visitor leaves, but it's frustrating as heck to see the scale hop up like that. I am now not allowed to weigh myself until next week. Last time, I lost the "extra pounds" but didn't lose any on top of that. So we'll see how it goes this month.

It's been really hard to focus on weight loss between having a bad head cold, my aunt passing away and my dad's recent cancer diagnosis. But I'm still trying. I am still making healthy choices.

As far as the alcohol thing goes, I don't know if I really lost weight faster without drinking, but I am still cutting back on my alcohol intake overall. In the long run it will just be better for me.

I did have someone approach me at the gym today to tell me how great I looked. She said you can definitely see a difference and that I should be proud of myself. She said each week she just sees me looking smaller. It was someone I don't run into all that often, so I was really glad to hear such great compliments from her.

Because of my cold my workouts this week have not been as intense. My lung capacity isn't all that strong and just 10 minutes on the elliptical totally wipes me out. I don't want this to develop into pneumonia so I have been taking it somewhat easy, working on core work and weights and doing some walking.

Oh. And I have my 5k for Gilda's Club this weekend. Between everything going on I almost forgot about it. I called today and had them switch my registration from runner to walker, because there's no way I can run that thing, especially if I'm still hacking. I'm excited about it though, it's supposed to be a beautiful day and it's for such a good cause. The mission of Gilda's Club hits home even harder now, with my dad's diagnosis. I'll be walking for him. If you wish to donate in honor of my dad, you can do so here: http://gildasfamilywalkandrun.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1073855&lis=1&kntae1073855=B27623B04F2F4880A7EBD29CC00AAE96&supId=387820401

I'll check back next week, hopefully with some more encouraging news and an update on how the 5k went. In the mean time, we gotta just keep on trucking along.

1 comment:

Kinley Dane said... Add Reply

I've missed a lot! First of all, congratulations on the weight loss, that is fantastic. I know, period weight is awful, but hopefully it will all just go away from whence it came :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt's death and your dad's cancer!! I will be praying for your dad and quick healing for him. Hugs!