Saturday, June 30, 2012

boredom and chances

It's a summer Saturday night in Birmingham and I am bored out of my mind. Roomie is at her sister's house for the weekend, friend cancelled dinner plans on me, and other friends already have plans. So there I sat, in my house. We haven't set up our new router yet so no internet, phone has not been acting right, and I am trying to save money so I can't do much anyways. So what did I do?

Well first I cleaned my house. Some, at least. I still need to do laundry and clean my room but before I got to that point I was like- wait a minute- I need to get out of this house. So I packed up my laptop and drove 2 miles down woodward to the only 24 hour Starbucks that I know of. Apparently, I am not the only one with this idea considering the place is packed and I was forced to choose the bar top seat by the window. Which means two things: 1. I can't people watch. 2. Everyone can see my laptop and can see what I'm doing. Not a problem per say until I pull up my tumblr dash. And the girl next to me is working on Biology homework but secretly creeping. I see you.

I could have very easily sat on my couch, watching the Kardashians and sipping on wine and feeling sad. But I decided I didn't want to do that and if I wanted to get out, I was gonna do it, darn it. Sure I'm not bumpin at a club or taking shots but I'm out, trying to feel inspired. 



Chances
July 2012, Megan Carolin
I took a chance
And let you back into my life
I took a chance
And let you talk that talk again
I gave you a chance
To prove you wouldn’t hurt me again
All you wanted was for me to fall for you
Only so you could break me again
And you can go ahead and say you didn’t mean it
I know, chances are
You meant every last word
And I know now what I’ve known all along
You’re nothing but a fake
You don’t know what you want but I know
it’s not me
I’m done with chances
I’m through with you and your words
Don’t you ever come on back here
And try to squeeze in one more chance
Take a chance on someone else, not me

No comments: