Saturday, January 30, 2010

what if I ripped your heart apart at the seams maybe then you'd know how I feel

During the past few days, I've given up twitter and facebook. I checked it maybe a once or twice a day to get a message or to post Laurence's video, but other than that, nothing. I've learned how to be okay with silence...I think that was my biggest problem. I got too anxious when things weren't happening around me, I needed a distraction from my thoughts. Now, by replacing use of social media with prayer, meditation, or reading, I felt much more at peace. I'm definatley going to continue to limit myself on fb and twitter, but taking a complete break is no longer necessary...and although my break was shorter than I imagined, I learned a LOT in those few days.

I don't have much else to say. It was a pretty good weekend. Nate and I went to a DSO show on Friday night, there were also a bunch of Cristo Rey students their for a field trip....and because all my students are obsessed with finding me a husband, they automatically assumed that Nate is my boyfriend. I will never hear the end of that now. The show was alright, but it was fun seeing students outside of school...they were probably freaked out, though :) After the show Katie, Dave and I met up with some friends. I haven't had a good night out in a while, so it was a lot of fun. Today Katie and I went out to lunch, then I got some work done and kind of laid around until dinner (mmm homemade tortilla soup) and then we went to Barnes and Noble and Meijer. Wrote down some book titles that I want and hoping to pick them up at the library this week. I just came upstairs to call my mom and then decided to blog- so that's where I am now.

Tomorrow we have church and community breakfast, cleaning/laundry, possibly Bible Study. I say possibly because I would love to go, but it's also the Grammy's tomorrow night- my FAVORITE night of television. I live for the Grammy's. So we'll see :)

I would like to thank everyone who has been there for me this week....I know I'm not talking much about what has got me down, but the hugs and texts have made me feel better...the best one I got was probably from Dean, who said "I mean I know I'm not Samantha Hollingsworth, but I'm here for you". Thanks Dean, and thanks to everyone else. I'll get over this...it will take time, but I'll get over it.

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

Just wanted to say I'm sending smiles your way. I'm so sorry that you've been having a rough time, and I'm keeping a good thought that things get much better soon <3