- 7/18. One of my proudest days of this journey so far. I did week 2, day 2 of couch 2 5k training without stopping. I also played softball in the 93 degree heat. And I played a good game- minus the time the ball dropped out of my glove when trying to get someone out at home. But other than that, I did well. I hit the ball further than I usually do and made it on base every time. And I wasn't tired running the bases, which is a difference. I used to feel out of breath just running to first base! We won our game 11-6.
- 7/19 I gave myself a rest day. I had suffered a very intense and strange migraine Thursday post workout and pre softball game. Needed a rest!
- 7/20 Crazy storm caused the gym to lose power, so I did Couch to 5k training outside. Did pretty well, added an extra 30 seconds of running.
- 7/21 Still no power at the gym. Instead, I went to my parents house and helped them move stuff out of their basement. We made at least 10 trips up and down the steps carrying heavy items, so I know I burned some calories.
- 7/22 I had to go to the eye doctor to get my eyes checked because they have been bothering me. They didn't find anything wrong, but want me to come back in a week if my problem continues. And so far, my problem has continued. Still feel a little glow in my eyes. I came home from the doctor and sat in my house with the light off and sunglasses on, working from home. Then I took a nap and slept through Zumba. No workout on Monday.
- 7/23 Woke up early and did couch to 5k. did okay except I forced myself to stop a few times to drink water so that I would not get dehydrated. Burned about 200 calories.
- 7/24 This is usually my swim day, but since my eyes have been acting crazy I didn't want to add chlorine to the mix. I have goggles, but still, wanted to be careful. I didn't work out Wednesday.
Things I'm Proud Of
- On Thursday my parents took me to grab some dinner after the softball game. They had already had dinner, but I had not because I had a big lunch that day. So we went to Coney Island. I had an omelet with egg whites instead of eggs, no hash browns, and a dry English muffin instead of toast. And I didn't even ask them for a bite of their large chocolate sundae's.
- Had lunch with my roomie Lauren on Saturday. Had a turkey sub with fruit instead of fries.
- Turned down a Panera brownie at work. I . LOVE. PANERA. BROWNIES.
- Brought grilled chicken strips and broccoli for lunch at work today.
- Weekends are really, really hard for me. I made some choices this past weekend that weren't the healthiest. Nothing horrible, but I could have done better. I just need to stay focused. I'm worried about this weekend because I'm headed Up North with my friends for three days. It's also my birthday weekend. I'll need to watch my snacking and choices, and be strict on drinking water and eating healthy. Hope I can do it! And I'm going to try to squeeze in some workouts. Maybe go for a little jog or hike, and I'm planning on bike riding on Saturday at Mackinac Island.
- Saw someone yesterday who I had not seen in about 3 months and doesn't read my blogs or facebook. Her first words "Are you losing weight? You look good!" Score.
- There are days I don't feel as focused as others. This week has been hard because I'm doing a lot of traveling for work and am trying to get ready for the weekend. But I know I can do it.
I am repeating week 2. I did it well this week, but I have some extra weeks hidden before the big day. So I've decided to repeat week 2 and try to increase my speed a bit. Although, I am not really increasing my speed, because I make myself stop to drink water. But hey. I'll get there. And I know I may be last.