For those who don't know this about me: I am an American Idol fanatic. Have been since Season 1.
This was the first year ever where my two favorites landed in the finale. My favorites usually end up somewhere in the top 10, but rarely the top 2. The last time my favorite contestant won was Season 1 with The Queen, Kelly Clarkson
Kree and Candice are both fantastic singers. I was a fan of Candice last season and was absolutely shocked when she was eliminated during Hollywood Week. Kree blew me away this year at her audition. I picked those two as my favorites from the very start. I didn't care who won, except that I wanted Candice slightly more only because of her history with Idol. Congratulations to Candice, our new American Idol.
So for today's Tuesday Tunes, I thought I'd give you my 10 favorite performances of the season. As Idol viewers know, the male contestants this year did not stand a chance. The only guy I thought was eliminated too early was Paul. Other than that, the guys should have just all left at once and let us go on with the show.
10. Zoanette Johnson, The Circle of Life. Zoanette didn't make the Top 10, but her booming personality and crazy antics made me love her. This performance was the most unique performance I've ever seen on Idol and while vocally not perfect, I loved it and watched it over and over again.
9. Burnell Taylor, I'm Here. I had high hopes for Burnell in the beginning of the season. He started to bore me after a few episodes, but I loved his rendition of "I'm Here".
8. Paul Jolley, Amazed. Again, I think Paul was sent home too soon. He had some real potential.
7. Janelle, You Keep Me Hanging On. This country gal changed up the song and had quite a memorable performance.
6. Amber, What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life. I have a love/hate relationship with Amber. She relied heavily on ballads to pull her through. She's got a bit of an attitude. But she can sing. This was my favorite from her.
5. Angie, Bring Me To Life. I LOVED that she made this song her own! I think we'll be hearing a lot from Angie post Idol.
And now begins the Kree and Candice show. If I'm being totally honest, I loved every single one of their performances. But I narrowed it down to two each for the sake of this post.
4. Kree Harrison, Stars. I chose this one because it's the performance that really caught my attention during Hollywood week. I was drawn to her voice and started cheering for her.
3. Candice Glover, I Who Have Nothing. This song has been done on Idol before- and done very well. Candice's version is flawless.
2. Kree Harrison, See You Again. The emotional tribute to her parents, who have both passed away, is beautiful.
1. Candice, Lovesong. I have watched this performance about a million times, which is a sure sign that it's a favorite. One of my favorite Idol performances ever.
Are you an Idol fan? What were your favorite performances this year?