Thursday, May 30, 2013

7 months.

Dearest Ryan,
Happy 7 months to you, Little King. Right now I bet you are on a walk with Grandma Gumbel, soaking up this sunshine. It's finally warm outside, the kind of warm that looks like it's going to stay.

In May we celebrated Mother's Day. We all gathered at your house for brunch. You were loving all the attention. I've noticed that sly little smile of yours starting to come out more.

You can sit up all by yourself now! You look like a little old man, just sitting up looking around and playing with your toys. You can also shake your head "no". Except I'm not sure you know that's what it means. But it's still cute, new, and exciting.

I love when you come to our softball games. I usually get to hold you when our team is up to bat, as we run through the batting order. You behave so well. You sit in my arms with your little hat on, looking around at everyone with wonder.

I spent some time with you over the weekend. Mommy tried to feed you green beans for the first time. You didn't like them very much. With every bite, you got more and more disgusted. Listen kiddo, I know they don't taste that great, but you have to get your green vegetables in that belly. They are healthy for you. You can't live off sweet potatoes forever, kid.

It's so fun to see all the new things you can do. Any day now you'll be crawling. And then talking! You're starting to babble, and I can't wait till you speak that first word. Pretty soon we'll be having in depth conversations.

I think a lot about your future, and what you'll be doing at this time next year, or even five years from now. It's all so exciting.

Love you, Ryzinga.



1 comment:

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said... Add Reply

Lovely letter, as always. Ryan looks so cute! And I can imagine how he must have looked while eating the beans. Haha.