Friday, March 12, 2010

when irish eyes are smiling

What a week. Our principal was right, March is the hardest month. So close yet so far to Spring Break, change in weather, crunch time for grades. Not to mention...DRAMA.

Wednesday night was one that left me full of pride, joy, and reassurance. We had a scholarship dinner at St. Ambrose in Grosse Pointe. It went so well, and the kids that we brought along with us were incredible, so poised and mature. I happened to sit at a table with a student that I am very close to, along with another student who is quiet, a black belt, and smart. I loved seeing them interact with our guests, and speak highly of school. Our principal gave a talk and spoke about the volunteers, it was so nice and left me very touched. It was yet another reminder of how blessed I am to be at this school.

This weekend should be good. Nothing too exciting planned other than the Corktown St. Patrick's Day Parade on Sunday. Next weekend will be pretty quiet, too, but on Sunday the 21st I am taking a few students to see Mercy's production of Annie. I'm excited about that :)

Well, I hope you all have a good weekend, especially all my friends who are traveling to Pigeon Forge.

Hugs.

Top 5 musical things that make you think of St. Patrick's Day







No comments: