The week is over, I'm ready for a relaxing weekend and counting down the days till Spring Break. Many good things happened this week, including pep talks with co-workers during lunch and hugs from students before they left the building today, saying they were going to miss me over the weekend.
Top 5 artists you have to own everything or everything you can afford.
1) Melinda Doolittle. Her live performances, her album, her book, everything is a must have because she is amazing and because I will always support her. Always. www.melindadoolittle.com
2) The Spill Canvas. I honestly do not know what I would do without their music. Not only do I own everything they've released, I have to have it with me. Whether it's on my zune, a cd, a mixed cd, it's usually handy. http://www.thespillcanvas.com/ Oh, and while we're on the topic of The Spill Canvas, please go to their myspace http://www.myspace.com/tsc and click play on their music player. As soon as "Our Song" gets 50,000 plays, they will release a new song off their EP.
3) Kelly Clarkson...I've often said that she knows my life and sings about it, so yes, I always need her music...and home girl has recently been added to the Lillith Fair lineup. Now, mock Lillith Fair all you want, but check out who else is going to be there: Colbie Callait, Corrine Bailey Rae, Heart, Martina McBride, Mary J Blige, Sara Barielles, Sugarland. I mean seriously! Kelly hasn't been confirmed for the Detroit date, though. We'll see if I attend. www.kellyclarkson.com
4) Gavin DeGraw. I can't get enough of his voice, of those lyrics. He's incredible. Home boy needs to tour soon. It's been too long. http://www.gavindegraw.com
5) Lady GaGa. She sucked me in with "Just Dance" and I haven't turned away since. She's for sure one of those artists that I support no matter what.
Also Jason Mraz and Taylor Swift. :)
Book Meme time.
1. What author do you own the most books by? Jen Lancaster. I will never not purchase one of her books. She inspired me to write, she makes me laugh, she puts things into perspective. http://www.jennsylvania.com/
2. What book do you own the most copies of? The Bible.
3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions? No.
4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with? Omgz, Edward Cullen, DUH! Kidding. Totally kidding. This may sound crazy, but probably Holden Caulfield. Yes I realize he was depressed, but I really loved him when reading Catcher in the Rye. I'm not sure what that says about me.
5. What book have you read the most times in your life? That would be "P.S. Longer Letter Later", a book I read when I was a teenager that I was obsessed with. I pracitcally have it memorized.
6. Favorite book as a ten year old? Probably a Babysitter's Club book or an American Girl Book. Molly was my home girl.
7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year? Probably The Pact by Jodi Picult. I enjoyed it, but it was extremely predictable. I'd still give it a 8/10, though.
8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year? The Help! Did you read it yet?
9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be? To Kill a Mockingbird.
10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie? The Help! ha.
11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read? Difficult as in "this is too hard to read", then Absalom, Absalom. I will never forgive my junior year English teacher for making us read that. Difficult as in emotionally challenging, then A Child Called It or Push.
12. What is your favorite book? I really can't choose just one...all of Jen Lancaster's books, Catcher in The Rye, Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Outsiders, The Bean Trees, Lovely Bones, The Help, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, Harry Potter, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest... I could keep going.
13. What is your favorite play? I don't like reading play's, really. However, I did really love Our Town. I mean, I really loved it.
by Langston Hughes
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.
15. Essay? God In The Doorway- Annie Dillard
16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today? Stephanie Meyer.
17. What is your desert island book? I don't even know what that means.
18. And . . . what are you reading right now? A Piece of Cake. Outstanding.
Other than my excitement for the weekend, I'd say my mood right now is "hanging in there". I'm really anxious and nervous about next year, worried about my kids, and tired all the time...but I'm happy.
Listening to - "Closer To Love" Matt Kearney.