I can't wait until I can say I've lost 10 lbs. I know that day is coming soon, and that things will only get better from there.
I do feel a lot better now that I am on 4,000 IU of vitamin d. My energy level is much, much higher. I don't feel like going to sleep at my desk anymore. Just have to make sure I take it.
Thursday, 8/1 I knew I'd have a double header for softball that night, so I skipped my morning workout. I'm never really sure how many calories I burn at softball. I'm the catcher, so I don't do a lot of running around in the field but I certainly get up and down a lot. Myfitnesspal says an hour of slow pitch softball burns 900 calories, but there's no way that's true. I'd say about 300.
Friday, 8/2 Woke up and got my swim in! I finally felt confident as my eyes have been okay (just dry). Felt good to be back in the pool again.
Saturday, 8/3 Woke up early on a Saturday and had an amazing workout, one of the best I've had. I was at the gym for an hour and a 1/2. Biked 4.5 miles, did over 1,000 steps on the nustep, and walked a mile.
Monday 8/5 Zumba! I had to miss it the past two weeks so I was ready to get back in. It's tough to come back into it though- you kinda forget how hard it is.
Tuesday 8/6 Had one of those mornings where waking up to go to the gym was the LAST thing I wanted to do. Forced myself and got a good bike ride in. Still putting Couch to 5k on hold until my shin splint issue is resolved.
Wednesday 8/7 Swim day! I had a weird night of sleep. I had a medication change and my body is getting used to it, so I have a little tummy ache and was pretty lethargic. Swimming was a challenge, but I still got 40 minutes in.
- I go out to a sit down restaurant probably 2-3 times a week. I know to some even that is a lot, but hey, I'm young. I like to go out. Anyways, I've found a trick and that trick is called google. Google the menu ahead of time. Figure out what you can eat without splurging on your diet.
- Example: Red Robin has an amazing app for the iphone where you can customize your meal to figure out how many calories your meal is before you order it. My meal, which was a grilled chicken sandwich in a lettuce wrap with guacamole and a side of fruit, was only 250 calories and it was delicious! My normal meal there, a turkey burger with fries, is 1,012 calories. And that's without the side of ranch I'd usually get.
- DRINK WATER. AND THEN MORE WATER.
- My friend Jenn introduced me to a world of smoothies. I've never really "got" smoothies or understood how people could drink them as a meal. But on Friday she brought me to Beyond Juice and my world may have changed! The smoothies are delicious, and filling, good for breakfast. I think I am going to try one at my gym.
- Don't starve yourself. Eat healthy snacks in between meals. this has been one of the hardest lessons I've learned.
- Being on your girl time and dieting is a very tough combo. You feel awful and lazy, and you want to eat everything. Push through it.