Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Recap

What a fabulous weekend I had!

Friday I got out of work a little early, ran home and changed, and then met up with the young adult group from my church to go to the Tigers game. We piled into cars and headed Downtown. The game wasn't that great (we lost, and played horribly) but we still had fun and I was in good company. I love going to games, the atmosphere is just fun and I love being downtown.

Saturday morning I got a really good workout in, stopped at the grocery store, and then headed home for an afternoon of relaxing. It was an absolutely beautiful day weather wise, plus the Woodward Dream Cruise was happening, so I was truly in my happy place just sitting outside, and then curling up for a nap with the windows open and hearing all the music and people down the street. Eventually, we had people over for grilling and drinks. We walked around a little bit, and played Rockband. (The best video game ever). We laughed, ate delicious food, and enjoyed a beautiful summer evening. I didn't go to bed until 4 am. Party like a rockstar!

Sunday I headed over to my parents house to check on my dad who had not been feeling well. Spent a little time with them, came back home and watched Dawson's Creek. I fell asleep at one point during the show, and when I finally opened my eyes and mustered up energy, I made dinner for Sam and I, our usual Sunday night ritual. (That will change when youth group starts back up again!) I made a salad  and a wrap (recipe coming in this week's weight loss Wednesday). After dinner I was craving something sweet, so I convinced Sam to walk to Downtown Birmingham and get frozen yogurt with me. My fro yo of choice? Chocolate/Vanilla twist, Reese's peanut butter cups, peanuts, and peanut butter sauce. I know that seems a bit much for someone on a diet, but hey. I burned it off in the 2.5 mile walk there and back. :)

After our frozen yogurt outing, Lauren was back home from the Tiger's game and we all collapsed into our usual seats and popped in Silver Linings Playbook. We couldn't make it through the whole movie, though. I had only gotten about 4 hours of sleep on Saturday. I needed my sleep!

So yes, a beautiful weekend. The weather was perfect, the company was glorious and I was giddy and happy. It's a new week, full of meetings and trainings. Let's get through it!

PS: 40 days until the wedding! I got my shoes, so next step is dress alterations which I am doing this week.

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

Glad you had such a wonderful time! I'm curious: what's the Dream Cruise?