Saturday, February 18, 2012

eleven.

I got tagged by Shari in the "11 Things" meme going around the Internet. First, 11 facts about me.

1. My golden retriever is 9 years old but I still call him "puppy" and "baby".
2. I hate the recent vampire/zombie obsession. I can admit to being entertained by Twilight but that's as far as I go.
3. I think Pink has one of the best voices of all female artists. I hope she keeps singing, but I respect that she has taken a break to be a full time mother.
4. My favorite color is green, but my room at my parents house is decked out in purple.
5. I really miss working with kids. Lots of thoughts have crossed my mind but I am flirting with the idea applying to grad school to become a school counselor.
6. Chicago is my second favorite city to visit but I haven't been there in 4 years.
7. 24 years old and I still have a hard time looking people in the eye.
8. I always give people a second chance.
9. I miss speaking French. I dropped it after high school. I regret that.
10. I've never been to another country other than Canada.
11. I am in constant fear that people don't like me.

And now, to answer Shari's questions:

#1: What’s your favorite quote? I have so many. The one that gets me through the day is "there will be an answer, let it be".

#2: Who’s your role model and/or mentor? Oh, her name is Melinda. Perhaps you've heard of her. :)

#3: How many places have you lived, and where is your favorite? Childhood home in Troy, teenage-young adult home in Bloomfield Hills, college dorm, three different college apartments, house in corktown, and now my house in Birmingham. I have to say my favorite was my childhood house in Troy. So many good memories there. I miss the canopy bed, the desk, the huge yard and wooden deck outside, having friends a few steps away...miss it all!

#4: Have you known for years what you want to name your children, or do you believe that you have to see the baby first before deciding? I totally have names picked out: Liam, Nicholas, Colin, Emma, Briana, Madison.

#5: What’s your dream job? Dream dream? Writing. Other than that, working with kids.

#6: What’s your favorite book? Why? Hmm. You know what? I think it's The Help. I couldn't put it down and the writing itself was delicious.

#7: Would you ever consider adopting a child? Hells yes! In fact, I think I might. Not like tomorrow, but when I'm married.

#8: Have you met any celebrities? Yep. Mostly Idols, including Kelly Clarkson....plus Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Gavin DeGraw. I was really close to meeting Alicia Keys once.

#9: Give me a tour of your ideal home – where is it, what does it look like, who lives there with you? I'd actually love to live in a cute little cottage, but not in the middle of the woods or anything, just a cute offset cottage. One full of books, comfy chairs. It smells like coffee, there's room for kids to run around and play. It has a lot of yellow.

#10: Have you ever had an experience (or several) that’s truly defined who you are? several. My very positive high school experience, my very negative college experience, and my year of service I did with MVC.

#11: If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be? empathetic

As a bonus, here are 11 songs I am LOVING, right now!

1. My Same- Adele. One of my favorites from her first album. So catchy!

2. Take Care- Drake ft Rihanna.


3. Tightrope- Janelle Monae. This song isn't new, but I play it all the time.


4. Happily Ever After- He is We. I recently discovered this duo and I'm in love!


5. Safe and Sound- Taylor Swift. This is my favorite Taylor song ever. Love the sweet simplicity of it, and it will be so perfect for the Hunger Games!


6. It Will Rain- Bruno Mars.


7.Sexy and I know It- LMFAO. Don't ask me why, because I don't know.


8.Domino- Jessie J. I just want to dance on a table when I hear this song.


9. Be Calm- Fun. Formaly known as The Format, they are one of my favorite bands.


10. Stronger- Kelly Clarkson. Cmon. If you don't love this song you are lying.


11. Georgia Peaches- Lauren Alaina. Again, I don't know why. It's so cheesy.

1 comment:

Shari said... Add Reply

I'm glad you did this! :)

You'd be an AMAZING school counselor. Truly, I can't think of anyone better suited for that job.

Emma is on my list of baby names, too. Isn't there something so sweet about it?

Love your ideal home!!